Doctor Who Series 7: There Will Be Daleks

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah, it's a shame that the older Daleks were a bit underused. If you know what you're looking for you can spot them (just look for the ones that don't have rivets), but still. The scene where they have Daleks that had previously met The Doctor (IN A LOAD OF CALLBACKS) really needed to show them off more.

And more Special Weapons Dalek. I mean come on.

6834.imgcache.gif

Needed that.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Mmm. If the best way to tell them apart is "just look for the ones that don't have rivets" then there are going to be issues with them being in gloomy lighting, covered with dust and chains.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Isn't the reason we didn't really clearly see the old daleks because they would look terrible in HD?

CaptainWacky

Good to see the prequel after the episode!

But the daughter being in danger was just a false story constructed by the Dalek woman, wasn't it? ALTHOUGH during the episode when Oswain mentioned something about her mother's birthday I thought "oh, she's the daughter of the dalek woman!" BUT SHE'S NOT. Right?

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
I was kind of hoping Rory would leave Amy and continue his adventures with the Doctor and the new companion... because I really love Rory.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well Moffat has been saying for ages there wouldn't be a happy ending for the pair of them, but then again since everything else he says is usually a lie, chances are there will be.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I was kind of hoping Rory would leave Amy and continue his adventures with the Doctor and the new companion... because I really love Rory.

If anything it would probably be Amy continuing the adventures with the Doctor. She seems much more excited about going on adventures than Rory. Rory seems like he wouldn't care if there were no adventures and would be happier at home leading a normal life.

CaptainWacky

Rory's new hair: FOR OR AGAINST?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I don't mind his new hair, I hope he dosnt just let it go to his head.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm not Rory's biggest fan, but it would be nice to see the Doc have a male companion (with no sexual allusions, thanks) for a change, even if it were only for a couple of episodes.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It cant be any scarier than the people on the program before it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Ok, that was fucking awesome, I think we can forgive Chibnal now for any past indiscretions.

And the Doctor totally
killed someone, might as well put a gun to his head, I like cold blooded Doctor.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well if you agreed with me on anything I would probably have a massive heart attack on the spot.

CaptainWacky

I was enjoying it at first as it had quite a frantic and fun start and there were dinosaurs and the CGI was good and people were running about and Rory's dad was quite funny, but then it slowed down and Mitchell and Webb decided to use incredibly annoying voices as robots (an odd acting choice!) and the Doctor murdered someone and the Indians were annoying and unreasonable. Some good parts and funny lines though.

Also, wasn't the whole point of last series that the Doctor faked his own death and everyone believes him to be dead? But the Indians contacted him. And he's still calling himself The Doctor to everyone (whereas in the Christmas episode he was using a fake name.) So that's a pretty half-arsed death faking plot. And you can't just blame Chibnal as Moffat's the showrunner and could rewrite something that seems to go against the story arc. Unless that story arc's over now.

And a few too many "OY, I'M A WOMAN, WE'RE BETTER THAN MEN" lines. And why is the Doctor friends with an asshole big game hunter anyway?

Also no Jenna-Louise Coleman.

Next week's looks good.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
And why is the Doctor friends with an asshole big game hunter anyway?

Because Chibnall thought "it would be cool to have that in the episode, I'll put it in!". Which is basically his thought behind everything in the episode, instead of "how do I make this a well written story".

That's why we got really awkward moments where suddenly Silurian ships (oh yeah they have super advanced space ships now!) can only be piloted by people in the same family - because otherwise Rory's dad would have no reason to be in the episode!