Doctor Who Series 7: There Will Be Daleks

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Mmm, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that. It was a cheap contrivance that came out of no where. If they'd at least signposted it early on they might've got away with it, but the fact that the dad was there purely by coincidence meant that it didn't involve any ingenuity from the characters. It just happened.

I didn't entirely dislike the episode. It had lots of fun, interesting ideas, and Matt Smith's acting was fantastic as always, but it just felt really overcooked. It was like an RTD episode, with too many jarringly varied things thrown in and not enough time spent focusing on any one of them to give the story a central core.

Maybe I should break this down into things I did and didn't like...

I liked the dinosaurs. They were dinosaurs. And the effects were well done.

The ball gag made me lol and I'm sure kids loved it too.

The Doctor kissing Rory, then slapping him in quick succession also made me lol, so that's got to count for something.

I did like the Doctor having a gang. I do wish he'd choose the gang members more wisely, though.

Which leads me onto things I didn't like.

Why would he be friends with a man who goes around with a gun killing beautiful, exotic, defenseless animals? That's the exact opposite of what the Doctor does. The only argument you could make is that he took the guy along on this trip to teach him that he could be saving animals rather than killing them... except that as far as I recall, the presence of any animals was a complete surprise until they suddenly appeared.

The chair thing.

The suggestion of rape was a bit much. But not as bad as the Doc killing the bad guy. Yes, he deserved it, by our values, but The Doctor is supposed to be better than us. On countless occasions he's striven to avoid killing people, and then here he is enjoying it!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well remember last week when he gave Amy that wrist device to stop her turning into a Dalek?

Maybe not wearing his had an affect after all.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Or maybe this is still GANGER Doc. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I thought it was a fun episode... BUT you know I don't know very much about how the Doctor is supposed to behave, so him killing the bad guy didn't come as such a surprise to me.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Oh, I just realised (after Filthy Whore's post) the big game hunter was Lestrade from Sherlock.

Still doesn't make him any better!

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
I thought that was a lot of fun. I was frequently reminded that it's a children's show but it was still exciting and funny with good special effects and acting. What's not to like?

CaptainWacky

It's a family show. Subtle difference!

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
Point taken however American TV "family" shows are dumbed down and sweetened so much that they're not enjoyable to most adults so I got in the habit of calling them children's shows. Oops.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Why is Jibbles handing out harsh words, but still keeping the karma green?

CaptainWacky

Did everyone see that Moffat deleted his Twitter? Because he did.

FUCKING CHIBNALL.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
According to HIS WIFE he's just super busy (PROBABLY WRITING THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL WHERE PAUL MCGANN COMES BACK AND SAYS "JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW I'M PROBABLY THE BEST DOCTOR" AND EVERYONE CHEERS AND WEEPS).

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
McGann and Sheridan Smith alongside Matt Smith and Gillan would be awesome (but it'll be thingybob instead by then, eh?)

CaptainWacky

Maybe Clyni will come back for the reunion.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Fuck! If only Stephen Moffat was still on Twitter so we could badger him with pleas for Clyni!

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I really want the Tardis Ice Bucket.

6964.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

Is there an even smaller TARDIS inside that small TARDIS inside of it, and so on and so on for INFINITE?