Gardening edition of the diary thread

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
April 2

Planted AT LEAST 30 okra seeds. Transplanted 10 tomatoes. NEARLY DIED. I had to stop when it got about 80 in the shade. I've got about 40 onion sets to get in the ground, and I still need to pick up some squash, eggplant, and cucumber. OH and I've still got to plant peas. My legs feel like jello.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Good defence against zombies.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
April 3:

Gathered up some water hoses so I could water the okra. I've never had a garden in this spot before, so I REALLY need to run a water line out there and get some little sprinkler things set up.

Neighbor gave me 10 more tomato plants. Once I get them all transplanted I will have 24 tomatoes... I will have to find people to give them to.

Legs still like jello. Right thumb turning green.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
where the snow has melted away, brave little tulip tips are starting to poke up! Also saw buds starting on my quince! YEEHAW!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The batteries in my camera are dead, and I can't recharge them because when I got new rechargeable batteries for my camera, I didn't get the right kind and I don't have a charger :rwmad: The old ones recharged in the camera when I set it on the dock thingy.

curiousa2z

no pics yet as all I had to show today was dirty snow...but it's been raining this evening so maybe those April showers will bring May flowers! (just dont turn into SNOW tonight - PLEASE)

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Cassie, you're way ahead of me! While we don't have to fear snow anymore like c2 does, it's still a bit too early to start planting season. (I'm not much of a veggie-growing person, anyway, but my fingers itch to go out and plant my annuals). All I can do at this point is to admire Auriculas, daffodils, and crocuses providing some well-needed color.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
First pic is of the seeds we are getting ready. Mainly salads and beans
413.imgcache.jpg

Next one is potato! Lots of 2nd and 1st early varieties in the ground
414.imgcache.jpg

Is it a bin? What is a bin doing here?
415.imgcache.jpg

RHUBARB RHUBARB RHUBARB (sweet and delicious, but not to everyone's taste.
416.imgcache.jpg

Raspberries starting up
417.imgcache.jpg

And here is where it all starts LOTS AND LOTS OF HORSE SHIT
418.imgcache.jpg

curiousa2z

headvoid, your garden is coming along very nicely!
meanwhile, I have my catalogues to dream with.......

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
There's only bodies in my garden.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
April 4:

Was planning to win the lottery and hire a sexy Mexican gardener, changed plans, will kidnap headvoid instead. Srsly, your garden makes mine look like poo. ALSO, one of my little okra plants DIED :rwmad:

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
April 5:

Rained all morning, but not as bad as last week. My garden thanks the rain gods for the cool drink of water. Hope my seeds didn't wash away.