Gardening edition of the diary thread

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Peas are me favorite.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Loktar, you should reconnect with your inner gardener. IT'S VERY SATISFYING.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
DON'T WORRY DR_DAVE, I will let you know if the onions take a dive.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[YOUTUBE]YRDB-fKE3L8[/YOUTUBE]

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
April 30

Planted two cucumbers, and two more crookneck squash (I think I have four now) and two buttercup squash. The zippers and black eyes are coming along nicely, and the pole beans have runners. I will have a forest of okra!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I recognized many of the words in that post!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
May 6

Launched chemical warfare against the aphids and their ant conspirators. They were eating the okra ALIVE. I have no idea how anyone can do the organic farming thing in Florida, the bugs never stop... THEY NEVER STOP. Aphids and those lttle tiny white flies that look like ashes.. I WILL KILL THEM ALL.

OH and there are blooms on everything except the peas, they still have some growing to do. I've got 5 more pepper plants and then I'm done planting until fall, I think.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
May 6

Launched chemical warfare against the aphids and their ant conspirators. They were eating the okra ALIVE. I have no idea how anyone can do the organic farming thing in Florida, the bugs never stop... THEY NEVER STOP. Aphids and those lttle tiny white flies that look like ashes.. I WILL KILL THEM ALL.

OH and there are blooms on everything except the peas, they still have some growing to do. I've got 5 more pepper plants and then I'm done planting until fall, I think.

That'll teach you Floridans to have nice weather year round.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Well, they do get smacked by hurricanes a lot, so there's that.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
HOW ARE THE GREEN BEANS?

I had some tonight with chicken in brown sauce (Chinese take-out).

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
MAY 8

The green beans are growing and GROWING soon I'll be able to reach the giant's house in the sky.

ALSO ho'in ain't easy

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
May 28

Who knew that I would be swamped with squash before June? NOT ME. Also there are some cute little cucumbers out there. The tomatoes are still green, I don't know what the hold up is. I'm sure they'll all ripen at the exact same time and I'll have too many tomatoes. The sunflowers are HUGE, no actual flower yet, though.

WEEDS :rwmad: there is some kind of weed growing that I can't pull up... srsly, I grabbed it with both hands and pulled with all my MIGHT, and the thing didn't even budge. Chopping at these weeds with a hoe is horrible, and since it's already getting in the 90 - 100 range of evil temperatures, ho'in is harder than ever. I dug one of them up with a shovel, I think that's what I"m going to have to do with all of them.

ALSO, I got a new hoe, and had my brother sharpen it for me. I think he sharpened it on the wrong side... do you know what I mean? Now I can't remember how a hoe is supposed to be sharpened. When I chop at the ground with it, it doesn't seem to go in very deep.