General Neighbours discussion

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I saw a little bit a few weeks ago and couldn't believe Hot Cop was still in it. He's a good actor. You'd think he'd find better stuff to do.

Have you seen that Margot Whatsname is in a Martin Scorsese movie?

Well he only came back today as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure how you would have seen him a few weeks ago.

I haven't seen Margot Robbie in anything, no!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Maybe it was just an ad showing stuff to come, then. I only saw one shot of him, long enough for me to know he was still in it and be surprised.

CaptainWacky

A LIKELY STORY.

(Yeah, he was in the "eclipse" advert.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It was a couple of months ago now when I had a sick day, but I had such a bad fever that even Neighbours was too taxing. :-/

CaptainWacky

You were just having a sexual fantasy about Hot Cop. And who can blame you!

CaptainWacky

I watched Neighbours today.

Karl Kennedy is still one of the greatest fictional characters in history. He dyed his hair!

So Kate gets shot (on Monday!?) and I'll probably watch that.

CaptainWacky

ZEKE'S HAIR!?!?!?!?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Zeke was in it?

I was really hungover so I forgot about it (as well as the ability to move limbs and stuff).

CaptainWacky

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Eww. That hair. Sophie's looking all grown up!

Can't believe they actually killed Kate. Why would anyone do that?!

CaptainWacky

Paul seems to think it was someone trying to kill Hot Cop but they hit Kate instead and he's going to make Hot Cop suffer for the rest of his life.

Of course it'll turn out it was someone trying to get revenge on Paul for something evil he's done in the past.

I could literally write Neighbours.

CaptainWacky

Libby's back! She's sad Kate died!
Ben got his autism healed at "special school"!
Callum is an "app designer" now and won a scholarship to Silicone Valley!
Seriously.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Ben was autistic? Did they just write that in response to the actors performance?

CaptainWacky

No, he's just been recast with a less aspy looking actor (and possibly aged up?)

CaptainWacky

I watched Neighbours today (don't judge me.) Karl and Susan's "sex box" somehow ended up being taken to school and a pupil was about to accidentaly reveal it to everyone before Karl ran in and stopped him.

It was brilliant.

CaptainWacky

I've seen adverts on 5 for Neighours' 30th anniversary spectacular this week. I don't know which day the special episode is or if it's just an all week celebration or what. It feels like something I should watch out of loyalty to Neighbours. But let's face it we're never all going to go out of our way to watch Neighbours then post about it in this thread.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I will do my level best to watch it. I mean, it has Madge in it! And Delta Goodrem. Remember her?

CaptainWacky

I remember the concept of Delta Goodrem, possibly, if not the person.

There's a reunion thing on tomorrow night.

CaptainWacky

I saw some of Neighbours today. Steph is back and she's a lesbian now. Her girlfriend was her nurse(?) and she was jealous of Steph and Toadie and wanted Steph to leave town with her. Toadie's in a wheelchair. Paul is still evil. It was pretty good.

Remind me to do this again in a year.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
You could've made any of that up. Very hard to tell. I guess the bullet in Toadie's back moved. Or he fell off a horse. Remember when his flatmate did that, but the paralysis was just psychological, so he only had to think his back was better and he could walk? Yeah.

Middle aged lesbians. They would've got good ratings if it had been back when she first joined.