Gwyneth Paltrow

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Once is too many.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Sigh. I remember having seen her in a couple of things before she won her Oscar, and really cheering her on, mostly because of who her parents are -- actress Blythe Danner (LOVE her) and the late Bruce Paltrow (St. Elsewhere). She was very humble about the Oscar experience and handled it very well for quite some time.

When did it all turn to hippie mush?

CaptainWacky

Should I watch The Talented Mr Ripley on Netflix?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Only if you're not wearing pants.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I love that movie. She is good in it. So is Cate Blanchett. And Matt Damon. And Philip Seymour Hoffman (RIP). And Jude Law who I've seen naked live on Broadway.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Indiscretions, 1995, with Kathleen Turner, Roger Rees, Eileen Atkins and Cynthia Nixon. He had a getting-out-of-the-tub scene in Act Two, and wasn't shy about it.

Come to think of it, he has a similar scene in The Talented Mr. Ripley.

CaptainWacky

I added it to MY LIST so I'll watch it in six months or something when my internet isn't too fucking slow.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Something for all our various audiences to admire here!
11835.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

Good scenery!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It mostly takes place in Italy, the scenery and cinematography are GORGEOUS.

CaptainWacky

JUST LIKE GWYNETH.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[YOUTUBE]NPgX0FysbmY[/YOUTUBE]

Meryl Streep reveals how Gwyneth Paltrow saved her Thanksgiving

The Academy Award-winning actress ran into a Thanksgiving Day ‘disaster’ when her oven wouldn’t cook the turkey properly, so she leaned on her celeb neighbor. ‘She has the best oven I have ever seen in my life!’

BY Zayda Rivera - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS - Wednesday, December 3, 2014, 4:25 PM

It's Gwyneth Paltrow to the rescue!

The Goop founder saved Meryl Streep's Thanksgiving after her oven failed to cook the turkey.

"I had a Thanksgiving disaster because my oven didn't work. I hate my oven. I hate it!" the Academy Award-winning Streep said on "Live! With Kelly and Michael" on Wednesday.

"You never hate your oven more than on Thanksgiving Day when it won't cook the turkey," she continued.

Luckily, Streep's New York City neighbor just happens to be Paltrow, who was not in town for the holiday.

Since Paltrow's home was empty, she generously offered Streep her kitchen.

"She has the best oven I have ever seen in my life!" the "Into the Woods" star boasted. "I did all the sides in her oven and my brother was in charge of the turkey that would not cook. The sides were fantastic."

So did Streep poke around Paltrow's apartment beyond the kitchen?

"I brought one of my daughters, who was dying to," she said, remaining coy about divulging any more information.

CaptainWacky

Madonna's topless pics: an obscure attack on Gwyneth somehow?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Tikkun Spa | Goop

Tikkun is the next level when it comes to Korean spas, combining high-tech far infrared heat with traditional Korean sauna therapies. So, if you want to lay down in a Himalayan salt brick tiled sauna, or sit in a Hwangto clay room, you get the added benefit of far infrared heat. And, in addition to the sauna rooms, there’s a long menu of massages and kick-ass body scrubs to complement the sauna time. We’re burying the lede though, because the real golden ticket here is the Mugworth V-Steam: You sit on what is essentially a mini-throne, and a combination of infrared and mugwort steam cleanses your uterus, et al. It is an energetic release—not just a steam douche—that balances female hormone levels. If you’re in LA, you have to do it.

She got her uterus steamed!

The Question

Eternal
She's a decent actress; outside of that, she's a fucking idiot.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
TOO LATE!