◘ IT HAS BEGUN - World Cup 2010 South Africa Official Thread ◘

They play both games at the same time so the outcome of one cant influence the gameplay of the other.

IE, A beats B, now team C only needs to draw against D to go through, C stops taking risks, and shuts the game down, sacrificing goal scoring opportunities to keep ownership of the ball.

looks like we will get the Greece / Argentina game this afternoon. While we have seen that glory is always possible, it will be difficult for Greece- Argentina are looking stronger the more they play.

[YOUTUBE]3vCIFx1oChQ[/YOUTUBE]

^

What a moron.

If anything, he did good by not including Benzéma and Nasri in his squad. I would not want them in this pathetic team under his pathetic "leadership".

Basically, this tournament has confirmed what everyone already knew about the French, but had brushed off as a dated and inaccurate stereotype. They strike, they lose and they're arseholes.

MdS said:
What a moron.

If anything, he did good by not including Benzéma and Nasri in his squad. I would not want them in this pathetic team under his pathetic "leadership".

I concur.
now Domenech's exclusion of Nasri from the team roster makes perfect sense. He (Nasri) would have tried to win!!!
Talk about a French Farce.

I am also glad that Nasri missed out on this shower of shit tournament that France has had.

Speaking of those who missed out would anyone begrudge Theo Walcott somewhat of a wry smile at how badly England have done so far and their lack of penetration and pace? I mean Sean Wright Phillips is supposedly the guy that got the nod in place of Walcott. Says it all really.

I am hoping we do finally show some winning mentality and beat Slovenia because if we lose or draw tomorrow its going to be one of the most embarrassing performances at a major tournament by England ever. We have been swaggering around because we had the "easy" group and have just failed miserably so far.

Obviously very happy with the result though still baffled how we didn't manage to score more considering we bossed the entire game and had tons of great chances. We're through anyway and so are the USA who scored in injury time to deny Slovenia the chance to go through with us so it will be England and the USA going through to the last 16.

I'm glad the USA went through because they have been on the end of some really dodgy Ref decisions and it would have been criminal if they had went out after having two perfectly good goals chalked off.

Indeed. Glad the US went through as they really should've won their last game, and I hear they had another goal disallowed today.

Really pleased with our performance. I mean, anything would've been better than the last game, but this was really good in its own right, even if I'm surprised we didn't score more as well. I thought they could've scored at least twice more, but they can still be proud of themselves. Pity for Rooney that he didn't get that goal towards the end, and then got swapped for Joe Cole to a huge surge of applause, but hopefully this just means he'll be really hungry next time.

So, probably Germany next and then... Argentina?

ok, maybe not covered in glory, but England got the job done! WHOOT!
And a shout out to those Yanks WHO WONT GIVE UP. I love that!
THAT'S what playing at World Cup level should be!

Yeah... we still need to improve a great deal if we are going to start winning against better opposition.

My man of the match today was John Terry. He was IMMENSE and put his body on the line at every challenge. Say what you want about him in his persona life but he is one of the best defender in the world EASILY.

I was about to flip total shit after this game.

The boys look like they're finally pissed off and ready to play.

Back