◘ IT HAS BEGUN - World Cup 2010 South Africa Official Thread ◘

^lol

well where's the big BRAZIL/PORTUGAL rivalry?
this match needs a goal!!

ahahhaha! - Duda carded for questioning ref's decision! how was that any of his business?

Curious, I posted an article earlier this week talking about Coulibaly and his bullshit officiating.

Why is it that FIFA is so afraid of using video playback to officiate games? This goal could have been solved with a quick look at one of the 500 camera angles around the goal.

Seriously, for a game full of fans that love watching the replay of EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE ANGLE on goals, why don't the refs like it?

Get with the times. We use video officiating in the US. How often do you hear of bad calls in the NFL or NBA? I mean, would it also hurt to add ONE more official to the pitch? One guy officiating 22 guys while denying the aid of video playback is a flawed system.

Yes, I know there are sidelines refs, but they aren't responsible for handing out cards or disallowing goals. All they do is wave a flag when the ball isn't inside the big green box any more.

Are you kidding me, bro? The reason officials HATE using replay is because it makes them look bad when a call is obviously blown.

Currently, the NFL is the ONLY professional sports organization that uses replay (I don't count baseball because replay is limited solely to disputed home runs), and they limit you to 2 challenges per side per game. The only reason they even allowed replay in the NFL is because there were a couple of instances in the playoffs where a bad call actually determined the outcome of the game

They constantly blow calls in the NFL, NBA, and especially MLB. Just a couple of weeks ago, Jim Joyce denied Armando Gallaraga of the White Sox a Perfect Game (and a no-hitter), when he blew a call at first base. The runner was CLEARLY out, but Joyce called him safe. It was THE FINAL OUT OF THE GAME, AND WAS MEANINGLESS!

Blown calls are part of sports; the only thing we can legitimately whine about is when there is clear bias for/against one team. From what I gather, it seems that the referees in soccer can be biased sometimes.

BTW, what the fuck is up with all the "flopping" during the World Cup? I swear to God, you graze the jersey of some of these fuckers, and they fall to the ground like they've been shot in the spine! In the NHL, they actually call a penalty on a player who does this!

Oh yeah, and guys in the NBA aren't falling all over the place whenever the ball carrier gets close to them.

The Italians were really bad about the diving shit this year, though.

they were really bad about everything this year. :(

but thanks for bringing it up Conchaga - just as I was starting to heal!
:cries:

btw, the Brazil/Portugal game was boring as hell.

p.s. the Italians werent the only ones Ive seen diving nor were they the worst so pfffffffffft.
I may be mad at them for waiting until the last 8 minutes of their last chance to stay in the WC finals to play the way they were perfectly capable of playing all long but you dont get to slag them. basta!

mm said:
oooooooh.... he's nice, but there's another one. Light hair. C2 will know I'm sure.

mm, I'm trying to think who has light hair on the Portuguese team....were you thinking of this guy? no light hair, but pretty cute.

portugese.jpg

here's the team:
portugal-worldcup.jpg

waitaminnit! was it this guy?

velosa.jpg

Miguel Veloso

Veloso has been on the bench most of the time. I can't think of any other blonde haired players in the Portuguese team.

Has Ronnie got his gay highlights in at the moment? I forget.

[youtubehq]tYOhOUOYb2U[/youtubehq]

Ghana have done it, but they've felt it - several players suspended for the Quarter Final against Uruguay.

The Ghana goalkeeper was outstanding - he hardly plays a game in English domestic footy.

Bad luck, USA. You have to say that the USA's pluck, spirit and never-say-die attitude has been a credit to the tournament - just as they were 8 years ago.

Oh, BTW for those participating, Luci has been filling this thread up with the usual yellow bilge. I'm splitting it all out, and I don't care who blubs about it.

In all seriousness, we could have played a lot better. More precision crosses into the penalty box. Keeping the momentum. We owned the second half until we scored a goal, then we just teetered out. We need to take better advantage of our free kicks. WTF was Donovan thinking!?

I'm glad to see a better show of enthusiasm from this team. Compared to the '06 WC, this one was far better in terms of the team actually caring.

Back