◘ IT HAS BEGUN - World Cup 2010 South Africa Official Thread ◘

A friend and I caught the Uruguay/France game at a pub in Dallas, and I hate to say it, I was expecting more action. But after a couple of drinks, it got better for me. ;)

South Korea are mauling Greece. 2-0 after 65 minutes, and could easily be 4 or 5 up.

one query about yesterday's game involving France:
my understanding re Nasri not being on the side (STUPIS/ABSURD) is he was deemed "disruptive" in the dressing room. Can the coach not deal with that? Isnt the point that there's an open window every four years more important in having a proven scorer on the team? And how disruptive can the guy be? I just cant see him shaking the aplomb of players like Henry or Ribbery...so what's the real story?

The France/Uruguay game reminded me of that Simpsons episode where there's a US commentator and a South American one both watching the same boring game, but the SA one's going nuts, screaming and smacking his hands on the window pane, while the US guy is nearly falling asleep. Though I wonder if it was really very interesting even if you supported one of the teams.

Ooh, Argentina v Nigera is hotting up already! Score after less than ten minutes!

omg I hope this isnt an Argentinian bloodbath.there are some names i recognize on their roster that i didnt even realize were Argentinian.

not to mention Tevez AND Messi (I love both of them)united against you on the pitch? ouch

...come on, Nigeria! :bigass:

Even with its questionable coaching, Argentina is top contender to the title this WC. It's pretty much a team on autopilot.

Let's see how well they will fare against real opponents.

On an unrelated note, Spain has a scary lineup in this tournament.

Argentina are far from top contenders, top five yes, but argentina inabilty to kill this game may haunt them...

Argentina are far from top contenders, top five yes, but argentina inabilty to kill this game may haunt them...

Well, aside from the usual suspects, Argentina and Spain are particular favourites this year.

You cannot extrapolate based on Argentina's performance today. It's a good team having a bad game.

Got a bit bored the other day and slapped on some St George's flags to my Viper models. A BSG/World Cup crossover makes no sense, but there you go. :)

77468857850205419439.png

42441308859309636266.png

credit where credit's due - it wasnt all 'Argentina played a shite game' - there were some superb saves from Nigerian keeper Vincent Enyeama.

Well, aside from the usual suspects, Argentina and Spain are particular favourites this year.

You cannot extrapolate based on Argentina's performance today. It's a good team having a bad game.

I dont, I base it on a poor qualifying campaign, an unsettled starting eleven, leaving out Zanetti and Cambiasso...

shall I go on?

they are in with a chance , but are NOT top contenders, a decent dutch or spainish team will more then match them..

Anyway england, as a scotsman im slighty pro yank, the americans can play defensive, cagey match anyone???

if america stifle the play , could be a battling draw...

2-0 england...

ok, tea's almost ready, the groceries bought, dishes done, library books returned, first coat of paint drying in bathroom...now...

GO ENGLAND!

Back