◘ IT HAS BEGUN - World Cup 2010 South Africa Official Thread ◘

It's Carson against Croatia all over again. As far as howlers go that is a peach. Dempsey just tried his luck with a speculative shot from distance and it was about as comfortable as you could want a ball to be. Rob Green cups his hands and the ball rolls in to them and then inexplicable rolls over the back and squirms in to the net.

Fucking criminal. England have been far the better team but we've really fucked this up going in to half time and we have to come out with real intent now.

chin up green

Yes, forget about the loss of a goal this is going to kill him. He needs real character now and has to move on and forget about it. The US defence cannot deal with our movement up front and we need to take this game and finish it off now and forget about the error. Any sort of complacency and the USA will be all over us and no one is denying the fact that they are capable of creating something and punishing us if we're poor from here on out.

Welcome to the world of the New York Mets fan.

Always the strongest team on paper, until something goes wrong. Then the battle is in the players' own heads more than on any field.

The yanks will take pot shots, this ball is awkward, target green, rooney bit quiet I think, doing ok but if he went on an aggressive run im sure the americans would struggle against him.

odd one england should be in the distance by now, they need to kill the game...

I just hope they calm their nerves and accept that mistakes do happen. They had great possession, especially at beginning of the game and if they come back with the same fire they had then then they can win. And I also hope the fans and media aren't too harsh on Green.

The US are certainly strong, though, and I'm glad they're not the walkover that some people might've been expecting.

I just hope they calm their nerves and accept that mistakes do happen. They had great possession, especially at beginning of the game and if they come back with the same fire they had then then they can win. And I also hope the fans and media aren't too harsh on Green.

The US are certainly strong, though, and I'm glad they're not the walkover that some people might've been expecting.

If I was the USA coach right now -and trust me he is doing this as I write this- I'd be telling the players to target Green and whip in as many shots as possible and test him in every way they can because the guy must be feeling pretty damn nervy now and exploiting that is obviously the way to go for USA.

They almost won the Confederates Cup and went 2 nil up against Brazil in the final only to be beaten. They're no walkover.

I dont blame green, ive noticed a few keeper punch this new ball away when distance shots have come in...

lennon owning on that wing

Back