◘ IT HAS BEGUN - World Cup 2010 South Africa Official Thread ◘

some trivia about this match:
Slovenia is the smallest country competing in this year's WC, with a pop. of 2 million.
It has been 24 years since Algeria played in a World Cup competition.

It's quite cute that Algeria have appointed their manager 5 times as their national coach.

The first half of this match sucked.

lol! we're not getting those.

yeah, other than the one sniper strike from Slovenia and the great save by Algerian keeper, not the most dynamic first half. well, I was curious to see how both teams played...

Yeah, I've got the game going in my studio right now waiting for Outside the Lines. Seems pretty low key.

nice desert fox picture on the algerian shirts...

algeria-home.jpg

ESPN does a commercial with Landon Donovan where he's trying to use a copy machine at the ESPN headquarters, and he kicks the machine, and it prints out a yellow card. When he asks what he did, it prints out a red card.

I've been meaning to ask: Have y'all had to put up with a sports reporter by the name of Bob Ley? Can't stand his ass. He's actually said this sentence, which I had to caption:

The inevitable inevitability of it all.

DUMBASS

oh dear.
I didnt realise it was Germany Australia was playing today. I dont know if the Aussies can beat them. :(

GO SOCCEROOS!!

^on that we can agree.

gods, it's 4-0 so far.... can't watch any more.
If the Germans have a weakness to exploit, I cannot discern what it is. As a team, they have played perfectly today.

The referee hasn't got a clue. The matches have been poor so far. Those fucking horns are marring every match.

Back