◘ IT HAS BEGUN - World Cup 2010 South Africa Official Thread ◘

LOL it wasn't. But you knew that.

Great game all around. I'm very impressed at the level of game the US team has gotten to. I'm starting to become interested in soccer, which is pretty cool at my age. I know that was the most entertaining match I've seen yet.

Should be an interesting drawdown.

Please someone explain yellows to me and how they function and effect the player, at the infraction and in the future. i saw some vicious shit going on out there that was largely ignored. What a wild and nasty game that can really be. England is an extremely physically intimidating team, almost stealthily vicious in my opinion. "Invisible" kicks and trips, body falls and blocks, pretty wild physical stuff.

DEAR BABY JEEBUS SORRY TO SHOUT CANT HEAR THE COMMENTATOR ON THE NEW ZEALAND/SLOVAKIA GAME CUZ OF THOSE BLOODY HORNS PLEASE SHOOT THEM WITH LIGHTENING THANKS.

I'm used to them now. Been a bit bored with some of these morning games lately, but I can't wait for North Freakin Korea vs. Brazil tonight. One of the best teams in the world, versus the most batshit insane country of them all. It'll be interesting as a novelty, even if the actual play is dull (which seems unlikely anyway).

There are no tanks in Iraq. The tanks that you see behind me *BOOM!* are merely our military *KAPOW!* conducting wargaming opp-*KRAAAKK!*-ations.

To be honest this World Cup has failed to live up to hype so far. Here's hoping the level of the games starts to rise from here on out because other than a cracking display from Germany no team has really lit up South Africa yet. Brazil might just do that in an hour though, we will see.

The Italy v Paraguay match was good last night. So far that & the opening game have been about the most competitive matches.

I watched the 2nd half of CIV v Portugal when I got in, and it was beyond awful.

^yeah, disappointing...but the CIV side looks stronger than I've ever seen it..all to the good. I'm still sad we wont be seeing Russia at this tourney. Their loss and ours.

well now let us watch the Samba Kings dance circles around the evil North Koreans - didnt kimjongwhatsisname ban the broadcasting of all Cup matches in the home country?
right there proves he should be ass...imilated.

Cameroon vs Japan was the worst one I've seen so far. Of course, when I got bored and left the room to check my emails the Japanese finally managed to score, then I came back to watch the second half and nothing whatsoever happened for another 45 mins.

All these ties are getting boring, but hopefully it'll hot up once some of the less able teams have left.

NFK (North Freakin Korean) team seem to have a 12 year old snuck amongst them.

I wonder if the freezing cold conditions will work in NFK's favour? Not exactly what Brazilians should be used to, eh?

N. Korea are good! They're really composed on the ball and are giving Brazil problems and are playing the counter really well. Brazil are still dominating most of the match but N. Korea are making Brazil worry a bit here.

Back