Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost season 6 FINAL CHAPTER

I think Hurley makes the best candidate for the next Jacob. Hell, he's the only one that can fucking see spirits and shit. Plus, he's nice and hates his crazy life back on the mainland anyway.

No, you don't want a Mexican to be the next Jacob. He'll invite all his beaner friends to the island, and pretty soon the island will be overrun by taco carts, soccer fields, and Mexican flags.

THE PACKAGE

Jin is out of the freezer! I assumed all along that Jin and Sun were together in the sideways world, interesting development there! Keamy is so icky!

Glad Sun ran from Locke. I liked how she refused to take his hand and then at the end took Jack's. I wonder if that is a hint that Jack will be the new Jacob. I like Jack much more now than I did in previous seasons.

DESMOND IS THE PACKAGE! Wonder wtf that means, and where is PENNY?

So... is... Widmore good now? I mean Locke is bad and Widmore doesn't like Locke so he's good but he captured Desmond (DESMOND!!!!!!!!) so he MUST be bad.

I just don't know.

Also I hope Kate and Claire fight and one of them rips the others shirt off.

They better not hurt my DESMOND :rwmad:

If Claire and Kate fight and start ripping off clothes they better rip Desmond's pants off AT LEAST.

I think Widmore is probably on the good side (Jacob's side, anyway) but he is single-minded about protecting the island. He doesn't seem to care who dies as long as the island remains safe, which makes him seem cold and evil. I guess someone has to be that way if the island is a hellmouth, or else the evil will be unleashed on the whole world.

Why won't you all talk about the biggest issue?!? WHAT THE FUCK WAS UP WITH THAT STUPID FUCKING "V" COUNTDOWN??? That nearly ruined the episode for me.

Kind of a meta episode. Two --count 'em, two-- nods to their own suspension of disbelief:

SAWYER: Can't you just turn into smoke and fly your ass over the water?
LOCKE: Do you think if I could do that, I would still be on this Island?
SAWYER: No. 'Cause that would be ridiculous.

and

MILES: She hits her head and forgets English. Are we supposed to believe that?
LAPETUS: Asks the man that converses with the dead.

Funny, but too many self-referential wink-winks could really spoil it. Let's hope it was a momentary indulgence.

And god help me, but I STILL believe, after all this time, that the island is really a crashed ship of some sort and Jacob & MiB are the survivors --or Jacob was the survivor and MiB was the ship's AI or something that got damaged or fucked up or...here's a thought: born or 'made aware' in the crash, and Jacob knew that letting it get away would mean death for pretty much everything on Earth so he had to keep it there and try to teach it morality. These "pockets of energy" at the Swan and deep below the Orchid were...I dunno...energy cells from the ship scattered during whatever disaster befell it.

Finally: I was really hoping the "package" would be Walt, or at least Aaron (who, remember, that Australian psychic thought was going to be some kind of apocalypse-baby and so got Claire a ticket for Oceanic 815 to get rid of it, IIRC.)

There was Miles's Hurley joke as well, about him not being able to track Richard unless he was covered in bacon grease. Hilarious, but maybe a little too on the nose?

Anyway, not a bad ep, but not amazing either. I always find Jin/Sun episodes a bit flat. Good ending, though. :)

Welcome, new guy. How did you manage negative credits?

New guy! I joined this board a whole TWO MONTHS before you were even born.

I have no idea what credits are. Back in my day, bulletin boards were for posting insane ramblings, not running a market economy.