Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost season 6 FINAL CHAPTER

PERHAPS, Charles approval isn't really what Desmond wanted most.. that doesn't seem right.

I think the sideways world is some sort of altered timeline OR SOMETHING, and the universe is trying to correct itself. This is why the Losties off the island keep running into each other. They have to all be together, just like they needed to be together to get back to the island after they got off the island. OMG I DON'T KNOW.

I think the sideways world is some sort of altered timeline
Well, obviously.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and call the entire point of the sideways reality at this point, as Desmond/Charlie/Daniel made it totally obvious in this episode. Previously, I was expecting it to serve as a device to show us, the audience, why the MiB could never leave the island (in the alternate timeline, the island is destroyed and thus he is free, think of Jacob's cork analogy). In the last few episodes, we'll see just how fucked up the other world is due to Smokey's presence, and since it's clear that (at the very least) Desmond is becoming dually aware of both universes, the importance of maintaining the seal on the MiB will be made apparent to the candidates in the original timeline, probably leading to one, some, or probably all of them making a sacrifice (yes, Widmore was foreshadowing) to save the original reality from the fate of the split reality.

Well it's nice to know that the trend of Desmond episodes being FUCKING AWESOME still continues.

I really like how everything is starting to move towards the finale now, the people in the sideways universe knowing that something is up, Widmore (GOOD Widmore???) trying to stop MiB and everything AND IT WAS GOOD.

I don't really want to guess what happens, I just want to sit back and watch it.

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/exclusive-abc-supersizes-lost-finale-16123

Exclusive: ABC Supersizes 'Lost' Finale

By Josef Adalian
Published: April 08, 2010

EXCLUSIVE

ABC has found more time to say goobye to "Lost."

The network has decided to supersize its farewell to the iconic drama, expanding a previously announced one-hour pre-show to two full hours. The special is now expected to air from 7-9 p.m. on Sunday, May 23, right before the two-hour "Lost" finale.

Add in a special "Jimmy Kimmel Live" -- "Lost: After the Final Rose"-- airing that Sunday, and ABC is now planning to devote no less than five hours of airtime to the "Lost" swan song.

That's really showing some (Dharma) initiative!

I NEVER WANT LOST TO END :rwmad:

I'm predicting that the island and possibly the entire world is some kind of simulation/computer program run by the Smoke Monster and Jacob. This would be inline with the idea that if the smoke monster left the island, everyone on earth would cease to exist, along with the entire history of mankind. If Smoke Monster wins his bet that humans are destined to be corrupted, then he can assume that they have no free will and thus do not really exist, and end the program. If Jacob is right and humans do have free will and choices, this will prove that simulation or not, they really do exist, and the program will continue.
Nah...too Matrix-y.

Also: Reading this quote in the voice of The Architect is downright spoooooooooooooookyyyyyyyyy

Well, obviously.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and call the entire point of the sideways reality at this point, as Desmond/Charlie/Daniel made it totally obvious in this episode. Previously, I was expecting it to serve as a device to show us, the audience, why the MiB could never leave the island (in the alternate timeline, the island is destroyed and thus he is free, think of Jacob's cork analogy). In the last few episodes, we'll see just how fucked up the other world is due to Smokey's presence, and since it's clear that (at the very least) Desmond is becoming dually aware of both universes, the importance of maintaining the seal on the MiB will be made apparent to the candidates in the original timeline, probably leading to one, some, or probably all of them making a sacrifice (yes, Widmore was foreshadowing) to save the original reality from the fate of the split reality.

Something just occurred to me: we're assuming that the H-bomb explosion over the Swan 'energy pocket' is what sunk the island at the start of this alternate timeline back in '77, right? Perhaps it didn't cause the sinking directly, but started a chain of events in the alternate timeline that eventually led to the sinking. If we see later that the MiB has escaped, it leads one to speculate that that's what he was trying to finagle all along (the destruction of the island) which brings me to the question: Did the MiB/smoke monster want John Locke to ignore the alarm system at the Swan hatch?* Did the same explosion that led to Desmond's time-shifting also do something to Locke (remember: he was in the station as well) that led to the MiB's ability to take on his form --the "loophole" he mentioned to Jacob? I'm also thinking of Eko, who became a devout believer in the alarm, and was of course killed by the smoke not long afterwards.

If the MiB does show up in this alternate timeline, we'll probably see Jacob there, too; probably as a mad homeless guy with a sign ranting about the Antichrist and the "coming darkness" and whatnot.

*What might throw this theory out of whack is that Ben seemed to want Locke to fuck up the whole hatch-alarm as well, yet he was supposed to be solidly on Jacob's side back then. However, we don't know how much Ben knew about the hatch (he seemed so...disappointed...when he heard the explosion,) and if he did know its purpose, perhaps he was just "testing" Locke that time when he (Ben) was being held prisoner there.

Good episode. I'm glad the alt timeline is finally crossing over. There's still big questions about how it was created and how it all fits together. How could Mrs SQUAWKING remember Desmond? In the main timeline, her knowledge of what was to come came from Daniel's notebook (though really this doesn't explain how she knew to be in the shop where Demsond would go to buy wedding rings...) but in this timeline Daniel never went to the island, never went back in time...so how come she knows? ARGH, NEVER MIND.

Also it was a bit too coincidental that Demond saw Penny's name on some list then Daniel was all "OH YEAH THE EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME TOO BUT WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO SHOW THAT SCENE SO I'LL JUST TELL YOU". I guess everyone is going to remember their one true love and remember the real timeline...AND THEN WHAT?

So why were Widmore and Ben against each other if they're both on Jacob's side and agains the Smoke Monster?

WHY DOES DANIEL ALWAYS WEAR A TIE.

GOOD EPISODE ANYWAY.

EVERYBODY LOVES HUGO

I love Hurley episodes, and I do love Hugo. He's the chicken king BITCHES. Anyway, it was sweet to see him finally remember Libby, and it's cool how Desmond is going around nudging people in the direction the island needs them to go in. I bet he gets Sawyer and Juliet together soon for their cup of coffee. UNLESS he and Penny had the cup of coffee instead. We're never quite sure if Juliet was Sawyer's true love or if Kate was, or if Kate is supposed to be with Jack.. I kinda wish they'd never done all that, but hopefully they know what they are doing. OH I just remembered that they don't necessarily need a true love to start remembering, they just need something traumatic to happen. Like when Claire remembered Aaron's name.

I KNEW LOCKE WAS GONNA PUSH DESMOND DOWN THAT WELL, the FUCKFACE! :rwmad: It was really satisfying when Desmond ran him over in the sideways. I'm still not exactly sure about Widmore, but if Locke hates him that much then he's probably a good guy, just an asshole good guy. I was rambling there.. I bet they take Locke to Jack's hospital.

OH YEAH, I totally forgot about the whispers explanation, THEY'RE GHOSTS of people who can't leave the island. Michael is a ghost. ALSO, Ilana blew up.. I sort of knew that was going to happen since she was cramming those water bottles into the bag, and not being very careful to begin with. that was kinda lame.

I liked this episode it's nice that we didn't get a retarded explanation for the whispers like "they're people from alternate universes" or anything.

I think we guessed many times that the whispers were ghosts, but I'm not sure any of us ever really expected them to include all the main characters as well? Why don't they say hello more often?

Anyway, good episode! Sooooo good to have Desmond in it again. It actually worked quite well holding off his return til now. Makes it more special.

Why did he drive into Locke? He remembered being pushed into the well by UnLocke and didn't realise the difference? Why did he not care about Ben seeing him? Hmm. Unless he got orders from Widmore.

I remembered Libby looking a lot younger than that. Nice to see her though.

I guess Desmond's candidate number is 42? That was his ticket number at the chicken place.

Why WASN'T Des scared? It was obvious he was going down the well!!

I don't think Desmond was a candidate.

He drove into Locke because he though the MiB on the island was Locke, so he was pissed off about Locke seemingly shoving him down the well. When Ben asked his son's name, he said Charlie without any hesitation, so again, really clearly, he's existing in both realities at once. As for why he didn't care about Ben seeing him, well, why would he? I think he cared about going down the well, but he's in a sort of dissociative state on the island (from existing in two universes at the same time). Hence his passive docility.

Oh, and Pierre Chang looked exactly the same as in 1977. Do you think he's immortal? :S:

I thought Desomd ran over Locke so that he could experience the same thing Desmond felt when Charlie crashed his car - the realisation of the alternate reality.

Well, that is kind of extreme, don't you think? Charlie was suicidal and nuts, but Desmond isn't.

I think Desmond knew no fear because he knew he existed in both universes, and since he also used to get flashes of the future, maybe he knew everything that would happen, from Syied kidnapping him, to Flocke pushing him down the well, to the inevitable soft landing at the bottom of the well.

Maybe Christian is down there with a big mattress, he was at the bottom of the last well we saw.

Desmond saying his son was Charlie was certainly a big hint he had knowledge of both universes, although I am not sure about running over Locke to get him to see the other universe, since he had no way of knowing he wouldnt kill him outright, it might just be clear revenge for pushing him down the well.

I'm surprised he didnt reverse back over Ben too.