Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost season 6 FINAL CHAPTER

Listen nao, the Adam and Even flashback is undeniable PROOF that the writers had this shit planned out from the beginning. They didn't have anything else planned out, but THIS SHIT WAS IN INK from the very start.

This is an order of magnitude more forethought and planning than RDM's darts, so it fucking counts. Don't hate. This some JMS shit here.

And everyone knows that Starbuck was the first smoke monster, think about it.

Someone over at (boo hiss) trekBBS reckons MIBs name will never be revealed, and that comes from the writers.

I read that fucking interview yesterday and they fucking pissed me off with some the shit they said (AND I AGREED WITH SOME OF WHAT THEY SAID TOO OKAY), but I better not complain in case I get accused of wanting all the information "spoon fed" to me or wanting a "midichlorian" explanation (even though I don't but those are the standard defence whenever anyone complains about the handling of Lost's mythology.)

AH, FUCK IT.

As we've gone into this final season and you've introduced new characters like Dogen and Lennon and the other Temple people, and new mysteries, there have been some people who've said, "Okay, they don't have to answer all the old mysteries if they don't want to, but it's not fair for them to keep introducing lots of new ones at this late date." How do you respond to that?

DL: Are there any readers who actually like the show?

Many readers like the show. I like the show. But these questions are out there.

CC: We feel that we as storytellers, basically can only approach the storytelling the way that we do, which is it felt like there was no way that we could just be answering existing questions without the show feeling didactic. There would have been no larger narrative motor.

They come across as kind of assholes here.

But really the biggest thing that annoys me is that they introduce all these mysteries to the show but then say they don't have to answer them at all and they're not part of the story they want to tell (see their answer to the question about the outrigger shoutout question.)

SO WHY INTRODUCE THEM TO THE STORY IF THEY'RE NOT PART OF THE STORY YOU WANT TO TELL? WHY INTRODUCE MYSTERIES TO A MYSTERY DRAMA IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF ANSWERING THEM?

Also I wish the interviewer had just asked them why the execution of the latest episode was sad bad, regardless of answering questions or anything.

Oh and to answer the Ron Moore bashing further (lol) up the thread, I'd say the different is that Moore never ever claimed to have everything planned out. If you read interviews with him or listened to podcasts he was always honest about how the show was produced.

The bit I hate about that interview is when they said at the time of the outrigger shootout they know who was on the other side, but could just never find the right time to film it, and now its too late.

Why the fuck didn't they film both parts at the same time?

It was the same fucking scene, they just needed two cameras!

They do come across as very arrogant, in a "if you don't like it, fuck off" kind of way, which when we have been loyal viewers for the last five (six?) years is a bit of a slap in the face.

Its not being disloyal to them, or not liking the show, to just expect some more significant answers to the whole mythology of the show than who Adam and Eve were, and how smokie got to be, especially with three hours left to get everything else in.

Except we already know we aren't going to get answers for everything.

Oh and to answer the Ron Moore bashing further (lol) up the thread, I'd say the different is that Moore never ever claimed to have everything planned out. If you read interviews with him or listened to podcasts he was always honest about how the show was produced.

I really agree. Ron Moore has often come across as more honest and open than the average TV show producer/writer and I'll happily give him credit for that. It is too bad then that despite his behind the scenes honesty, he still insisted on stating "I HAS A PLAN!" at the beginning of every episode for 3 years.

As for Lost, even IF the entire plot was planned out from the beginning (which it was not), purposefully not answering any important questions before the shows last episode is simply bad writing.

Now, because of "Across the Sea", it is already clear that there are no answers anyway, as the only two people that could realistically have any have been shown to be as clueless as everyone else. The only special knowledge Jacob and Smokey have is that a long time ago, there was some hokey light emanating from a cave that their mommy said needed protection. But even this tidbit is irrelevant as the light is gone because Jacob couldn't manage to protect the cave for a single day (no wonder mommy wanted to give the job to her other kid).

Crazy rock-smashes-head stepmom might have had some answers, but she's dead, and even if she wasn't, she was so cryptic she couldn't even give her son a name.

Oh, but we did get a name for Man in Black; his name is Adam. Booyah

rly? That is interesting....

Did the network just relent for the last season? Why would they request such a thing in the first place, I doubt they were committed to renew the show from the beginning. Wouldn't happen to have any relevant links...

You're just gonna have to read every RM interview on the internet until you find it, MOOGOO. BESIDES, it was the Cylons who had a plan, not the writers. Then they changed their minds so the plan vanished.

And the final scene of the last episode of Lost will be Jack screaming "Keep your filthy metal paws off me, you damn, dirty Cylons! You maniacs, you blew it all to Hell! This was Caprica all along!" FADE TO BLACK.

OMG LUCASLOSTLUCASLOST HEADASPLODE?
'Lost' gets a letter from George Lucas

By Rick Porter
May 14, 2010 9:04 PM ET

At Thursday's (May 13) "Lost Live: The Final Celebration," ABC Studios executive Barry Jossen read a letter from George Lucas to executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. No, he wasn't demanding royalties for all the "Star Wars" references that have littered "Lost" over the past six seasons. He was merely congratulating the show on its run and offering some words of support.

Here's the text of the letter:
  • Congratulations on pulling off an amazing show. Don't tell anyone ... but when 'Star Wars' first came out, I didn't know where it was going either. The trick is to pretend you've planned the whole thing out in advance. Throw in some father issues and references to other stories -- let's call them homages -- and you've got a series.
  • In six seasons, you've managed to span both time and space, and I don't think I'm alone in saying that I never saw what was around the corner. Now that it's all coming to an end, it's impressive to see how much was planned out in advance and how neatly you've wrapped up everything. You've created something really special. I'm sad that the series is ending, but I look forward to seeing what you two are going to do next.
Afterward Lindelof said, "I just want to apologize to Mr. George Lucas for everything I said about the prequels ..." -- drawing one of many big laughs from the hugely appreciative crowd at UCLA's Royce Hall.

Other notes from "Lost Live":
  • Malcolm David Kelley, who played Walt in the show's first couple seasons, admits that his teenage growth spurt knocked him out of a regular role: "It messed me up a little bit. I wish it could have waited a couple years." Kelley, who turned 18 last week, is a good eight to 10 inches taller than he was when the series began.
  • A crowd of UCLA students gathered across the street from the red carpet to wave at and cheer for the actors as they arrived. We heard one girl yell "Daniel, you're my constant!" at Jeremy Davies, and as he made his way up the carpet, Jorge Garcia heard chants of "Jorge, Jorge!"
  • Hearing pieces of Michael Giacchino's score played live was kind of magical. Giacchino final selection from the show was "Parting Words," the music that accompanied the raft launch in the Season 1 finale "Exodus." The scene was shown on a big screen above the orchestra as they played, and let's just say that the room got rather dusty right around then, and some of it got in our eyes.
:eek: Smells like jaded in here...I'll be going... *tiptoes out*

Maybe he is trying to bag them for his live action star wars tv show, whenever the fuck that actually comes out.