Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orphan Black

OH AND ALSO, I really liked the Ethan and Kira stuff, even though it was a very small part. I liked him reading The Island of Dr. Moreau to Kira, and I liked it at the end when she opened the book and saw all the stuff he'd written in it. I don't know what it was, but maybe it's something important.

Fuck, there was something else I was going to say but now I can't remember :rwmad:

WOW, lol. Alison and Donnie are a murdering TEAM. Their bit was so fucking funny. Which was good, since the other parts of the episode were pretty dark and disturbing. I liked it when Helena jammed the thing in Henrik and then set his shit on FIRE.

Rachel, you BITCH :rwmad:

This was much better than last week's.

"Haven't you seen Dexter? Scuba divers find everything!"

So did Helena burn all those children to death?

I'm sure the children are in a different building. Helena wouldn't kill the children, IMO.

11195.imgcache.png

OMG

Ain't being funny or nufink but I didn't like Tony at all. I'm sure it seemed a great idea on paper, but I thought it finally stretched Tatiana Maslany's acting skills too far. What was his accent event meant to be? Sounded like a Londoner one second and a New Yorker the next. And is Felix actually meant to be attracted to the spit of his sister?

And as great as Tatiana Maslany is, she didn't inject herself with male hormones to play Tony (at least I hope she didn't!) so she's never going to be fully convincing. Plus how the character was completely pointless.

HAVE YOU SEEN MY EYE? lol that is what I thought when Rachel got shot in the eye with a PENCIL! Of all the clones (not counting Tony, I'm just going to pretend that didn't happen) Rachel is the worst. I mean, she's meant to be terrible, but she is also not very convincing. Tatiana is really a terrific actress, but they are stretching her a bit thin, and it shows with Rachel. I don't get what motivates her. How did she turn out so cold and robotic when Duncan loved her so much? I'm sure she isn't dead, but they could always surprise us, I suppose. I hope she wears an eye patch next season!

I don't really understand what happened in parts of the episode... So, Paul wasn't really ever at the mercy of Dyad. It was all a ruse of some sort, and now we find out the military has the male line of clones. That should be interesting. BUT there were times in the middle of the episode when I somehow missed something, or they skipped the details and went straight to the reveal? I had a feeling that there was more to Paul than they were letting on, but I also always had the feeling that Paul really did care for Sarah. I guess we'll find out next year.

I had almost forgotten about the book Duncan gave to Kira, even though they made it pretty clear last time we saw it that the scribblings in the book would be important.

Loved the clone dance! Also, I hope the military people are nice to Helena.

Yeah I didn't know what was going on for the first half of the episode. Michelle Forbes is good now? Did they even need the elaborate pencil ruse when they were about to be freed anyway? Paul? I mean it was entertaining but hard to follow OR I'M DUMB.

The dance was the best part.

Helena sure gets kidnapped a lot.

I hope next season they go back to basics a little or slow the pace a little so it's easier to follow. I feel like the writers have some massive diagram on a wall with bits of string connecting all the plot lines and they don't realise that viewers end up needing kind of the same thing.

The first 10 minutes or so made me feel like I'd missed an episode.

The book took me by surprise too. I'm going to blame it on being distracted by Cosima being at death's door. I wondered if the little clone had that leg brace on because she'd had bone marrow extracted, or if it was a permanent disability.

I was really excited when they announced the male clone army. Yay! An army of Felixes! Or Pauls... I guess I could live with it if it was an army of boring Pauls... But it's gotta be Felixes! It all fits! Wait... It's... Thingy?! :(

According to TWITTER Orphan Black has been renewed. Won't be back until spring 2015, though. I hope we're all still alive :rwmad:

Glad, though it hadn't ever really crossed my mind that it might not be renewed. Aside from the clone effects shots it must be very cheap to make, and ONE DAY Tatiana Maslany will get her Emmy nomination damnit!

Last year everyone was saying "oh she'll get nominated next year once people know about the show" BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THEY WERE WRONG, EH.

[youtube]OsXBUVOn00c[/youtube]

Donnie being a badass cut from the finale for time reasons.

AW FUCKSTICKS :rwmad:

Well, I suppose they want people to buy the dvds to see the extras.

I will try to tell you what happened in the clips from my defective memory -

Donnie and Alison are trying to get the kids ready to go somewhere, and they are flirting with each other when Alison gets a call from Felix. I assume Felix tells her about Kira being taken by Rachel, because then they decided they have to do something. Donnie says no, I'm going to handle it! Then he confronts Rachel in her office and basically quits his monitoring job and implies to her that he knows where Dr Leekie really is, and he also puts some receipts down on her desk and asks to reimbursed for expenses while he was working as a monitor. THEN Rachel turns on a TV monitor, which for some reason has already got lots of pictures of Donnie, Alison, and their kids... like she was expecting him or some shit? Anyway, she tells Donnie to go home and monitor his wife. Then she tells him that they are the most boring subjects in the study, and no one can quit the study blah blah blah and I can't remember what she called the study subjects, but the last thing Donnie says to her is "they're your sisters".

FIN