Orphan Black

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's a saying.

CaptainWacky

Are they just gonig to kill a male clone every week? It's hard to get attached. I don't think Mark being a spy for the clones was the story last season. Apparently he had a scene with Paul last season that makes no sense now. I think all the retconning is hurting the show.

Didn't Helena burn all the prolethians to death?

Was Art always in love with Beth or is that new too?

Not enough Felix.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
AAAAAAGH, I DON'T KNOW.

I don't remember what Paul and Mark talked about last season, but maybe Mark really did plan to leave the army, but realized he'd never be free unless he completed his mission? Or maybe he felt himself starting to glitch? He was acting kind of weird. If he wasn't really planning to get out, then burning the tattoo off was pointless. Maybe he's not dead, though. They didn't show his body.

Yeah, Art loving Beth is a new thing. They've never mentioned it before. It's not that farfetched but I guess they needed to give Art some extra motivation to help Sarah... IMO, just Art being a good guy and becoming friends with Sarah was plenty of motivation, not to mention the whole clone thing and the crimes they've committed to further the project would be sufficient.

Loved Cosima and Felix and whatshisname getting that brain!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I liked episode 2 because they mostly introduced new stuff, so I could follow what was happening for once.

Glad creepy mustache clone is dead, even if it was weirdly sudden and unexplained.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I read Paul's page on a wiki article and it kind of helped with the conspiracy stuff at the time, but that was hours ago and all I can remember now is that Project Leda and Castor are U.S. military, the Proletheans wanted to kill the clones because they are abominations, and Neolution was all about eugenics and changing the course of human evolution... which seems to have been totally forgotten about? Also, why would the U.S. military hand project Leda over to the nutty Neolutionists WHO HAD TAILS, REMEMBER THE TAIL?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I loved all that Neolution stuff in season one. It was quirky and weird, but also sort of believable. Even the tail. There was a lot of potential for more bad guys with different genetic enhancements, but so far they've barely even touched on what makes the clones different (aside from Monkey and Helena recovering from life threatening injuries, but that just seemed to get quietly accepted by everyone as normal). All the government conspiracy stuff is old hat.

CaptainWacky

This is from the AV Club review, Cassie.

I’m not sure exactly when they decided to make Mark a clone, but even as far as the sixth episode of last season, he and Paul had an interaction that barely makes any sense. In that scene, Paul finds Mark staking out Helena at a bar, waiting to make his move and bring Helena to the Prolethean compound. They shoot the shit, banter dryly about Sarah versus Helena, and who’s special enough to kill for, etcetera and so on. But unless that was some deeply coded banter, there’s no indication that Paul recognized Mark or vice versa, when this week proves they would have recognized each other immediately. This revelation comes courtesy of Dr. Coady’s interactions with Paul at the Castor base camp. Dr. Coady runs the program, Paul is the major, and he has “served with these men.” He knows them and they know him. Paul’s entire backstory has been muddled from the start, so while I’ve never been all that invested in it, I wouldn’t mind some clarity there.

Review: Orphan Black: ?Formalized, Complex, And Costly? · TV Club · The A.V. Club

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I can't blame a show for trying to find ways to go forward, and they probably didn't really think the show would be such a hit... but they could really do it in a more consistent way, IMO.

CaptainWacky

They should introduce a wacky new clown clone (FEMALE CLONE THAT IS) and she teaches Alison how to be a clown.

CaptainWacky

THIRD CLONE TO BE INTRODUCED IN FINALE...AND IT'S A CAT!?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The show was given a 4th season today, so that's nice.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I really loved this one. I like that Mark and Sarah are forming some sort of bond, OR SOMETHING. Also, I'm glad Mark isn't dead, which I suspected would be the case when they didn't show his body last week. And I think he's not so much taking Sarah back to Project Castor because he wants to imprison her, but he's helping her get to Helena and other than killing Rudy and trying to sneak her over there, this is the best option available.

Helena chewed a pork chop bone into a KEY! lol I thought she was chewing a shank at first. Helena putting Parsons out of his misery was a great scene.

Ksenia Solo will be on next week!

CaptainWacky

"You are a shit mother!"

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm glad things have calmed down a bit now. No problem at all to follow what's going on, and we get more time with each character (helps that there are less and less of them every week...).

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER. I hope Helena gets away, but also figures out how to get Sarah. I know she's going back for her, or Paul will help somehow.

I guess sex with the boy clones messes up your eyes!

CaptainWacky

Cosima and Cute Girl In Hat had good chemistry! I liked their scenes. THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT, WILLOW AND KENNEDY.

Helena is ANNOYING ME by not trusting Sarah but I guess it makes sense with everything Helena's been through, the nutter.

I LIKE GRACIE.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I hope she doesn't die. I was wondering why the clone boys had to have a hair sample of all the girls they slept with, and I thought it was just in case one of them became pregnant (I dont' know if the boy clones are sterile, but I suppose they are?).