Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skyward Sword

In my mind you do. :)

And yes, it's a bomb that I couldn't see because it's hanging on the bottom of a branch instead of the top so I just flew right over it.

I wish someone would make a video of their HANDS while they're playing the harp during the Lumpy Pumpkin thing. I've read COUNTLESS threads of people talking about it, someone keeps saying to move your hand like you're actually playing the harp, but I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE MEANS.

Yeah, you're supposed to follow the hands of the two guys waving, but it's not the same motion and daslgjags. I keep getting "I guess you could call that playing..." but like I said I got the heart piece the first time I did it so I thought it was just automatic.

I think I have all the Goddess Pubes now.

I'm getting this game soon - looks really good. I think half the fun is going to be playing while reading this thread :p

I FINALLY GOT SOME MEDIOCRE APPLAUSE! I had to move furniture again, lol.

CAPTAINWACKY, have you noticed the empty holes in the pumpkin patches? Are we ever supposed to do anything with them? I thought maybe after the mogma mitts we could dig in them or something, but now I think maybe we can plant something.

Yeah, I was wondering about that, but I've nearly finished the game and there's still nothing to plant...

I did find out that if you sky dive from way above the Lumpy Pumpkin, strange creatures appear diving down with you. Not sure why.

Someone inside the lumpy pumpkin mentioned them.. or maybe it was someone on Skyloft in the shop. I think you get money. I noticed them once when I skydived over the bamboo chopping island.

Is anyone else having issues navigating through skyloft? I can't get a feel for it still and constantly have to look at the map.

It took me a long time to visit every house (I only found the fat woman who gets angry if you smash her house up recently.)

I'm on the final boss but I don't want to do it yet because the game will be over. I'm trying to do whatever I can (I think I actually still have two heart containers to complete.)

Yeah, even though you spend lots of time in Skyloft, it never really gets easy to find your way around. I just now got where I don't have to hunt for the graveyard on the map, JUST WHEN I DON'T NEED TO GO THERE ANYMORE. I busted up the fat ladies things early in the game and only had 20 rupees at the time, so I was lucky!

I finished it.

Did I cry when Fi said goodbye to Link? I'll never tell.

I'll never play another game again.

The whip is srsly cool, IMMMMMO. The items in SS are so much better than in some of the other Zelda games.. I know they're mostly the same things, but I love the way the work.

FINALLY found all the damned spirt things in the mining facility. That was fucking annoying. Is there a way to leave the spirit realm even if you don't find them all? Or are you stuck there until you do. I wanted to quit for a while, but it won't let me. But I persevered. Now off for a dinner with friends.

I suck at harp playing, btw.

Just save right before doing the spirit realm then you can reset if it's taking too long (of course I never had to do that because it never took me more than five attempts!)

The Zelda timeline, revealed
The Zelda series starts with a simple progression. The first four games in the timeline, from earliest to latest are:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
3. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Here's where things get complicated, because Ocarina deals with a leap in time and technically only spells out one of those timelines with its ending. However, if these reports are to be believed, Nintendo has generated three scenarios based on Ocarina of Time.

The first, which we'll call Timeline A, assumes Link actually fails to stop Ganon. How or why this is a logical storyline path is a bit lost on us, because the game resolves that battle, but regardless, here are the games that follow Timeline A:

5-A. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
6-A. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages
7-A. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
8-A. The Legend of Zelda
9-A. The Legend of Zelda II: The Adventures of Link

So there's that - many games based on an odd presumption. Regardless, the next path, Timeline B, works from the presented ending of Ocarina of Time, featuring Link returning to live through his childhood. As we all know, Majora's Mask picks up shortly after Ocarina's ending, leading to these games:

5-B. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
6-B. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
7-B. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

One more timeline for you. This one starts with Ganon's defeat in the Ocarina of Time era, and progresses from there - from the time that Link advanced and eventually left so he could be a child once again. Here are the games in Timeline C:

5-C. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
6-C. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
7-C. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Amazing, amazing