Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

See, now this actually looks good. Abrams can Abrams the shit out of Star Wars all he wants. Just keep his hands off Star Trek from now on.

They actually showed more than I was expecting, given that it's a year away and JJ's notorious secretivenss. I thought it would just be a voiceover then five seconds of Luke and Han drinking blue milk while Leia smiles in the kitchen. Well, not actually that. But I was expecting it to focus on the new characterss. I think it was the right move.

ANOTHER THING: there's a real lack of stars. All the spaceship stuff takes place inside atmospheres (of course there could be lots of spaced based battles in the final movie.)

Well star wars only had two stars, both of whome were well passed their prime, and episode 7 will have a few of those too.

All the rest were relative unknowns.

Yeah, even Jabba was more of a gaseous giant than a star.

Trailer looks pretty good. SMH at the R2-Beachball and the lightsaber that must break every health and safety rule going, but the shot of the x-wings looks actually awesome, and the Millennium Falcon too, even if it's got that distracting obvious CG feel.

Not bothered about Cumberbatch. I like him, but Ffs does he have to have his finger in every pie?

Let's all hate the beachball droid/defend the beachball droid.

My first thought about that involved

11830.imgcache.gif

I'm not sure why everyone on the internet is convinced Cumberbatch is in it. More than one person is capable of speaking in a deep, evil voice. It's Andy Serkis.

My favorite part was the black person popping up out of nowhere, which makes nerds everywhere hold their breath for a second, wondering if this is going to end up being a Chris Tucker-like parody vid..."Damn, these evil Sith lawds be scary crazy!"