Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I think the scenes like that in STID were more a result of the script than the direction - Abrams has no great love for Star Trek and so wouldn't've been the one throwing in the nostalgia.

With Lawrence Kasdan writing it I have higher hopes.

I think of star wars 7 as being aa torch passing event, with Luke, Han and probably Liea all going out like in Sam Peckinpah's the wild bunch, you get introduced to a younger bunch of heroes, some of them oscar winning actors, and you get to see your childhood heroes go out in a blaze of glory.

Luke will probably come back as a force ghost, but Han will probably get the death Ford hoped for in ROTJ.

And if Han and Liea's last words before they die are "I love you", and "I know" I wont be sat their groaning like some comic book guy style grouch, I will be happy that star wars is real again.

The Star Wars universe is big and varied and there's a lot going on. Why does it have to be these fuckers again?

Is it your contention that the prequels sucked because they strayed too far from the original trilogy?

Cause uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There any many reasons they sucked, and if you dont like the idea of a new star wars film based around the original cast, just wait another year, there will be two stand alone films in the gap years where there are no sequels.

Nicely written

Millennium Falcon subject to safety recall

Spaceship manufacturer Corellian Engineering Corporation have been forced to recall their YT1300 series craft after an owner was injured by a faulty door. The Health & Safety Executive insisted on the measure despite the company protesting the warranty on the Millennium Falcon was invalid due to the ship being used for racing, smuggling and to blow up planet-sized Imperial spacestations.

It comes soon after Toyota were forced to recall a million Prius models over a faulty throttle assembly. An HSE spokesman told us ‘Be it a family car or an interplanetary spaceship we take safety very seriously. In fact, this afternoon I’ve got to go and investigate a Police Box-shaped time machine with a dashboard fault’.

The injured gentleman’s wife Princess Leia Organa-Solo shrugged; ‘That damn ship, he’s trying to relive his lost youth, the old fool. Ever since he bought it back he’s been hanging out with his divorced buddy Lando and trying to fly the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs.’

A hairy, seven foot tall expert on the YT1300 series was asked about the model’s safety, but all he would say was ‘Raaarrrrr’.

source:
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2014/06/13/millennium-falcon-subject-to-safety-recall/

Some folks will never break a leg, and them some again some folks will, like Han the slack boned Solo.