True Blood season 6

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SQUEEEEEE!!!!!11 Srsly Eric is the best thing about TB now, IMMMMMMO.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The Eric burned alive thing happened before the six month time jump, so he could be recovered by the new season.

So what was the point of the cliffhanger ending for him again anyway?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
To show him naked again, this time with peen?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maybe it's so he and Pam can have a story line together and patch their relationship up, OR SOMETHING. I just hope he's naked.

CaptainWacky

WELL JESSICA HAS TO BE NAKED TOO THEN BECAUSE TUMBLR SAYS WE NEED NUDITY EQUALITY.

CaptainWacky

Christopher Plummer's nudity was cut from the final film.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He'll have trouble trying to hide in the abbey, what with all the crosses and stuff.

News came out today that Willa will be a regular next year. Whoopie.

Also, the new showrunner talked around a question about whether next year will be the last. He said the writers will figure it out when they get in the room together.

CaptainWacky

I like Willa, although she'll probably be written poorly and end up dating a mermaid or something.

I bet "the writers will figure it out" means "wait and see if HBO wants any more."

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Willa reminds me of Sybile from Spartacus. Maybe she just looks like her....

CaptainWacky

She looks like someone who would be on the WHOH if I watched Spartacus...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I WAS RIGHT!

CaptainWacky

Maybe it'll have a proper storyline then!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
One less cutie-pie hunk -- hopefully the replacement will be just as succulent:

Luke Grimes Exits HBO’s ‘True Blood’; Role Will Be Recast

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday December 30, 2013 @ 2:49pm PST

james-true-bloodBrooding vampire James will be back on True Blood next season, but the actor who plays him, Luke Grimes, won’t. The role will be recast.

Ever since production on Fifty Shades Of Grey was pushed by a month to December 2, there had been concern whether Grimes — who was cast as Christian Grey’s brother Eliott in the movie — would be able to do True Blood, which starts production on its seventh and final season in January.

True Blood showrunner Brian Buckner had big plans for James, which was introduced in Season 6 as a vampire whom Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) met while she was locked up at Governor Burrell’s camp. Grimes was promoted to regular heading into Season 7, and Buckner in August told EW that Season 6 had only “scratched the surface” of what Grimes can do as an actor.

According to TV Line, which broke the news of Grimes’ exit, the actor asked to be let out of his contract after reading Season 7 scripts and being disappointed by the direction James was taking away from Jessica.

“Luke Grimes will not be returning as James in True Blood,” HBO said. “The role of James is being recast due to the creative direction of the character.”

The actors are disappointed with the scripts already? Uh-oh.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well, that doesn't sound good, but since there's only one more season I'm still going to watch it. It probably won't be any worse than previous seasons!

CaptainWacky

I barely remember him anyway. Just some himbo in distress for Jessica, wasn't he?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He was pretty.