Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

I think an unexpectedly interesting part of time travel would be the smells. Smoking is still a thing in the USA, but nothing like in the 1970s and earlier. The other day I was in a fairly small room with a fairly large number of smokers. They weren't actually smoking but I knew because of the smell coming from their clothes and bodies. It's hard to believe that's the way everyone and everyplace smelled once upon a time. Even back in the early 2000s, I had someone ask if I minded if they smoked and in college the lounge we would hang out at between classes allowed smoking for the first few years I was in college so I said something to that effect. I was surprised by how overpowering cigarette smoke is when you haven't been around it for 10-15 years.

Volpone it used to be the moment you got home all your clothes had to go in the wash, they stunk so bad.

It used to be like that on the top deck of buses too.

Did you follow them and carry on gawping at them while they beat the piss out of each other?

motcha-dbvideo.gif
Ya know, I think I did follow them outside now that you mention it. They just kept moving farther down the parking lot so I gave up.