Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I don't know if I've posted this anywhere here before, but I present to you the MacWaffle*.

Get some of them round Eggo style toaster waffles. And them little preformed hashbrown patties. Also some sausage, cheddar cheese, an egg, salt, pepper, maple syrup, and your hot sauce of choice.**

The order you prepare and assemble this is critical so I will attempt to get it right.

Stick the hashbrown patty in the toaster while you fire up the griddle/pan. Spray the bastard down with butter flavored Pam. Cut a frozen waffle sized slice of sausage (like a hockey puck or so) and get it going on the griddle. Get your egg frying. Slice off some cheddar. When the hashbrown pops up, slap it on the griddle too and stick your waffles in the toaster. Flip things as they get cooked. Your choice if you do the egg easy over or sunnyside up. I probably favor sunnyside.

Here's where it gets tricky: Drizzle a little maple syrup on the hashbrown patty.*** Throw the cheese on top of it. As soon as the waffles pop out of the toaster and there's space, get them on the griddle. Salt, pepper, and hot sauce on the egg. Now. Sausage patty on a waffle half. Cheese-side down, put the hashbrown on top of that. Add the egg and top with the other waffle. Enjoy.

The assembly order is important because the cheese holds the hashbrown together (this is redundant with a preformed patty but it also helps to get the cheese out of the way). It also binds the sausage to the hashbrown. The naked side of the hashbrown and the waffle on top serve to soak up any yolk that didn't cook through. You can just cook the yolk through (especially if you go easy-over) but I prefer the fight to keep yellow eggy protein goodness from dribbling all over everything.

*Because it is a nod to both the McMuffin and MacGyver.
**Substitutions are allowed. Any cheese will work. I usually use ham but sausage is much better.
***You'll be tempted to put syrup or other things on the waffles. DO NOT. It will break down their structural integrity.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OK. A healthier simpler recipe: Shrimp stir-fry. Get one of them little packets of salad shrimp. Get a package of mixed frozen vegetables appropriate for stir-fry (so nothing with lima beans or peas and carrots, water chestnuts or spring peas are nice but anything with bell peppers, green beans, broccoli, etc will do). Get some rice cooking. It's easy. A cup of rice and 2 cups of water in a pan with some salt, bring to a boil and then back the heat off and simmer however long the package says the rice will take. Splash some olive oil into a wok. Get it heating. crack an egg into it and beat it up (I'm still working on when the egg goes in, I'm going for the fried rice effect). When the egg is cooked like a scrambled egg dump in the veggies. Then the frozen shrimp. Put spices on it. Whatever seems appropriate. I use ginger, curry, paprika, soy sauce, hot sauce, and maybe a few other things. Mix it all together. When it is done and the rice is ready, throw in the rice to soak up the last of the oil. Add more hot sauce and soy sauce (and lately I've been on a paprika kick so I'll add some of that too). Enjoy.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
OCD tendencies, drinking, and constraints are a dangerous combination. "What the hell is he on about now?" you may ask. Let me explain: Unwinding for the evening with a couple cocktails. Realize I've somehow run out of ice. I got distracted from refilling a tray and then forgot about it so when I used up the other tray there was zero chance of usable ice. But I wanted another cocktail. So. Neat. Bourbon and a splash of water at any rate. But while I'm at it, I should also do scotch. And at that point I realize I also should have a glass of brandy, just to hit all the bases. So for want of ice I'm having 5 drinks tonight instead of 3.

Mirah

I love you
Aye Aye,
Thats the way to go.

Trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight.

I've got so many vegetables from the neighbor's gardens I could eat something really healthy, but I don't feel like eating healthy and I want meat. I really want meat. And its cold outside.