Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

Story TV is my go-to background noise TV station. Pop on a documentary about the Roman Empire while noshing down mac & cheez. Last week they started promoting this week as "Alien Week" and while it might sound like a terrible idea, I want to tell you it is so much shittier than you could ever imagine. Last night was "The Universe," which didn't suck. It was actual scientific phenomena--other galaxies, extrasolar planets, etc. But the night before...I can't actually tell you what that was because I blocked it from my brain and didn't actually watch very much of it. But tonight I didn't feel like channel surfing so I suffered through a night of "Ancient Alien" garbage. The last hour I suffered through, I don't even know what the theme of the episode was, but it had "ALIENS" meme guy George Tsoukalis in about a million soundbites and his hair was wildly different in each bit and he had on a different brown suit.

Did early humans bind their heads as an homage to greys? No. Were the giants of the Bible actually ancient aliens? No. Were angels actually ancient aliens with jet-packs? No. Were Zeus and Poseidon ancient aliens. Fuck no. What about the Sea Men? Please, just stop. But what about the... I'm begging you. Just stop. Please. Worst fucking junk science garbage entertainment torture ever devised.

I just realized the familiar "Remington Steele" them (not the one from the Season 1 opening credits, the one used later and in the TV commercials) is VERY similar to the "Goldfinger"/Jame's Bond theme. At least the opening. I mean, one is...brass? And the other is electric guitar but still...

No? OK. Maybe it's just me. You be the judge:

I mean, one is "DUN-DUN-DUH-DUH-DUH, DUH DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN..."
And the other is "Dun-dun-dun-lun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundundundundun..." But they're close, IMO.

God-damn, Disney sucks so much. I've been on a bit of a Deadpool/Wolverine kick of late and while it is enjoyable as is, I felt like I needed to get some backstory on The Void, because apparently it is a thing. And I'm reading the Wiki article on "Loki" and it makes me want to murder a hobo because it sounds so fucking god-awful.

"OK. So. Alternate Loki gets grabbed by the TVA to track down alternate alternate lesbian Loki. Miss Minutes makes commentary. ... " Fuck, that's about as far as I've gotten so far because even the synopsis is so fucking terrible. No wonder "The Marvels" made $84M domestic while "Deadpool & Wolverine" is at $635M and still chugging along merrily.

I am not an expert on fencing, but YouTube suggested this ant, like the Power/Rathbone duel at the end of "The Mark of Zorro," this appears to be people who actually know how to fence, as opposed to goofy movie choreography:

It's trippy when it takes a few days to realize you have a cold. Ears have been feeling...odd for a few days. And abnormally tired and maybe a little achy. This morning I realized my handkerchief was soaked and I went "oh, right. I have a cold."

It's trippy when it takes a few days to realize you have a cold. Ears have been feeling...odd for a few days. And abnormally tired and maybe a little achy. This morning I realized my handkerchief was soaked and I went "oh, right. I have a cold."

I hope you feel better
I hate getting colds
I felt one coming on last week and I just went right to sleep after work, and probably took a bunch of vitamins
took a couple days but I felt better.

I noticed the cool new reaction buttons too.