Where is the Random Thread of Randomness stuff that doesn't belong in other threads thread?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Paint them like one of your French girls. Flatter the flats. Before they're flattened flat.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

"Sausage drift" made me lol for too long.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Went to an RAF museum near York, just before we got there three Apache gunships flew by quite close to the ground, even though I know they are on our side, they are still quite intimidating when they are heading right for you, didn't even think to get my phone out for a photo.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
This reminds me of 3 stories from when I was in school:
1) Watching a Cobra gunship pop up from behind a hill to unload Hellfire missiles at a ground target
2) Watching Harriers do bombing runs at targets. These were both during combined arms training with (I assume) the goal of impressing on young Lieutenants the value of using supporting arms instead of trying to do a bayonet charge or something. The Harriers...you learn the textbook technique of engaging jets with infantry small arms. Then you see them actually in action and realize how completely and utterly futile that would be. By the time you see them, they've already dropped their ordinance and are on the way out. So even if you managed to hit one, you're already dead.
3) Watching a Harrier do some training. We were on the way somewhere near an airfield--this wasn't an actual demonstration for us, just something we happened to see. Harrier was just *hanging there* 50-100' off the ground, kind of gently wobbling for 5-10 seconds. Then it started to pivot, its nose tilted up 45 degrees, and it just disappeared like a rocket. [And it was far enough away that you couldn't hear the jet engines--it seemed totally silent.] You know Harriers can do this. You maybe even have seen it on television. But when you actually see it in person...that is when I became about 95% certain that UFO sightings were actually just experimental aircraft. Seeing it in broad daylight at a Marine air base was pretty trippy, but just encountering one at night in the middle of nowhere, you'd swear it wasn't anything made by humans.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He should have screamed JETSONNNNNNNN! like Mr. Spacely.

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
wjbJzBk.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
We still miss Alex.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
There's a girl on my Facebook who got her makeup done professionally for her birthday and posted photos. She looks just fine every day, but yowza, she takes hotness to a whole new level with professional makeup. The picture keeps coming up in my feed and I keep wanting to say words to that effect, but I keep thinking of the many ways it could backfire or be taken the wrong way.