Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling?

Roadblock was actually pretty good for a pointless PPV. Maybe I'll review it tomorrow. For now:

13528.imgcache.png

So I watched the Roadblock show on the Network and thought I'd post about it here. EXCITING, if anything.

The last time they did one of these Network exclusive shows it was an MSG house show and it wasn't good. It was literally just a house show on the Network. House show matches aren't worked like regular ppv or even tv matches. The wrestlers don't do as much. It works for the people there live but isn't as entertaining if you're watching it at home (because you're not supposed to be watching it home.) The Beast In The East show was better because it had a great, ppv level match with Kevin Owens and Finn Balor, but that also suffered from having a house show level main event tacked on to the end. So I wasn't expecting much from this, but it was better than the MSG show at least.

New Day beat Sheamus and Barrett - It was a fine opener. New Day are total faces now and were over like rover with their pre match stuff. It's weird that Barrett seems to be wresting more often now even though we know he's leaving when his contract expires.

Chris Jericho beat Jack Swagger - This was dumb. The Jericho/AJ angle has been great, so I understand wanting to keep him heel. But having him turn against Canada out of nowhere? With generic insults like "Canada smells!" It just didn't work and his promo went on way too long. And then they expect the CANADIAN fans to cheer for Jack Fucking Swagger, the American patriot! And of course they didn't but barely cheered Jericho either so all of this resulted in the fans not caring about the match. Stupid.

The Revival beat Enzo and Cass - Solid match. Better than the opener, really. Both teams are good enough to be on the main roster.

Charlotte beat Natalya - This was good too. Natalya is good in the ring. It's weird they don't have her wrestle more often. Probably because Vince thinks she isn't hot enough or something stupid like that.

Brock Lesnar beat Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt - Meh. Despite being a handicap match, Bray didn't get in at all. Lesnar is fighting Ambroe as WM so what's the point in not having him destroy Bray? He let Harper get some stuff in but then it just turned into the same Lesnar match as always with him doing six Germans and an F5 to win. I wish "Suplex City" included different suplexes for once.

Sami Zayn beat Stardust - Another example of WWE's terrible booking. Nobody gives a fuck about Stardust. He loses to everyone, he's a joke. Sami is their new up and coming star. So they have Stardust kick has ass for ten minutes. Not even in an entertaining way, just dull punches and kicks. It just makes Sami look bad that he's being destroyed by a jobber. And of course they haven't really introduced Sami to the fans properly, he hasn't had any promo time or video packages or whatever. The match got good in the last few minutes so if they'd cut out the middle ten minutes of boredom it would have been fine.

Triple H beat Dean Ambrose - This is what made it feel above the level of a house show. This felt like a ppv match or at least a very good tv match. Ambrose got a lot of stuff and looked good. The fans got more behind him than they will Roman Reigns at WM. HHH looked better here too than at the Rumble. So good stuff, shame the follow up will be Roman beating Hunter.

EDIT: Didn't see your post!

Nice review! Pretty much agree with what you said. I really enjoyed what was essentially a glorified house show. There really wasn't a bad match on the card. Probably the weakest outing was Brock vs Bray which was actually vs Harper.

New Day beat Sheamus and Barrett:

Decent match with a OTT but fun promo by New Day at the start. I remember when they were badly floundering against pure apathy from the crowd about a year back so it's great to see them so over now because all three of them deserve it. Still miffed that Barrett is leaving but obviously don't blame him!

Chris Jericho beat Jack Swagger

Yeah, OK you're right this was dumb but I have to admit I did think Jericho was funny. Yes, it's real cheap and retarded heel heat but he enjoys it too much and with all these meta heels these days it was somewhat entertaining to see a total old school throwback. Canada smells! Come on...it's so ridiculous it was almost good. Match was alright and Jericho looks like he's shaken some ring rust off at this point as well. I look forward to another AJ vs Jericho match so at least it did a job there.

The Revival beat Enzo and Cass

This was really good. great pace, nice spots and Enzo has tons of charisma. Can see him going far. All of them deserve to move to the main roster, agreed. Cass isn't the greatest worker and you can see how green he is but he's a monster and used well he could be a draw in the future as well. Yep, really good match.

Charlotte beat Natalya

Another good match. The women's division is looking a LOT brighter than it was a year ago. Both great workers. Now, if they would just change that damn stupid Bratz belt then the women's division revival can step it up another gear. Ric Flair is STILL insisting on getting involved and potentially taking bumps the maniac.

Brock Lesnar beat Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt

Having Bray lose at PPV's is now old hat. He gets others to lose for him whilst looking like a complete chickenshit! Eater of Worlds? Yeah, OK. WHY do they insist on doing this to Bray. I'm a fan of the guy and I think he's an underrated worker in ring but they seem hellbent on not using him properly. Harper is great as always. MAYBE this pointless match will be worth it if it leads to Harper rebelling against Bray and leaving the Wyatts. That could be an interesting storyline. We will see. Also, how is Brock even more hench than usual? He's actually even more scary. The way he lobbed Harper for that first suplex was insane. Otherwise this was what 5 minutes or so? Weak point of the night.

Sami Zayn beat Stardust

Yeah, this was so-so all the way through. Just bring Cody back and trash the Stardust gimmick. It was fun for a short while when he was teaming with his brother and the back-and-forth there but it's dead in the water at this point. I agree about Zayn. Russo is wrong about a lot of things but he's totally right that it defies belief how they don't run video packages and hype the talent coming up. They give the crowd no anticipation for those coming up from NXT. It's beyond stupid. Match was solid but uninspired since there was nothing riding on it whatsoever.

Triple H beat Dean Ambrose

Easily match of the night at a canter. This was indeed what made the show. A top notch 25 minute match where Dean was kept strong throughout and HHH was also really good as you would expect from him. Both these guys work really well together. Even the old dusty legs under the rope during the 3 count for Dean worked in the match giving him the rub that he did technically beat HHH and is at the WHC level. Haitch wins dirty at the end ironically using the ropes. Yeah, this was a good one no doubt. It's almost as if they could pull off a great main event at WrestleMania together!

One of the better shows I've seen in awhile. A couple of things can be expanded on in the future if they want (they probably won't) but for what was never meant to be a major show it was a lot of fun. Also, Roadblock clocked in at 2:30ish. It's almost as if you don't have to lay on 3 hours to make a fun wrestling show! Who would have thought!

Maybe Jericho heeling on Canada would have worked if he'd been in there with ANYONE but the All American American. In Canada. Fuck's sake. I miss Cesaro.

I thought Flair would get fired again after that time he kissed Becky Lynch.

Apparently Bray has a bad back so I guess they don't want him taking any Lesnar suplexes. Wonder what he'll even do at WM. Win the pointless Andre Battle Royal that everyone forgets about the next night?

So Neville broke his ankle on RAW and will miss being eliminated from said battle royal at WM.

Add Luke Harper and The Miz to the ever growing injury list. Both are crocked. Miz with a possible break and Harper with a busted knee.

Has there ever been an injury crisis like this?

I guess that explains why Zack Ryder's in the ladder match at WM. Woo woo woo!

One week to go! Remember it's a four hour show so it starts an hour early! And there's a one hour pre show so really it's two hours early! Just saying!

I guess that explains why Zack Ryder's in the ladder match at WM. Woo woo woo!

One week to go! Remember it's a four hour show so it starts an hour early! And there's a one hour pre show so really it's two hours early! Just saying!

Will you watch along live? If so we're skyping the show right!

The go home Raw was decent until the third hour. Banging the same old drum but Raw cannot be 3 hours but whatever.... yeah, first 2 hours were pretty good. Shane hit a ridiculous spot to start the show making it clear that he's going to be hitting stupid spots on sunday. He is in amazeballs shape for a 46 year old as well. Ripped. Dean Ambrose coming out when Brock was in the ring with a red wagon thing and collecting weapons from under the ring without looking at him was funny as well.

Brooklyn was a white hot crowd which made everything more fun. New Day got an insane pop and they booed the living fuck out of Roman.

[youtube]4iLkA_5uROU[/youtube]

I heard Roman did a crazy plancha then got "you still suck" chants anyway lol.

I was going to write a WM preview but does anyone care about anything other than Undertaker/Shane?

I guess the Brock v Ambrose street fight will be suitably insane fun but it's not the most exciting card in the world, no. There are plenty of good performers though so we will probably be in for a surprise match or two that is better than expected. We will find out soon!

WrestleMania 32 card and predictions:

Triple H vs Roman Reigns

Can't see this going any other way than a Reigns win. The question is whether he turns heel. It does seem the obvious move to attempt to salvage Reigns and that's why I'm still leaning to him not turning and winning the belt to a cacophony of boos.

Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar:

I think Ambrose is going over. Brock is a made man. A loss won't hurt him in the slightest especially with the excuse of it being a weapons match. Ambrose need a big victory and this is the perfect time, opponent and place to do it. Ambrose knocks Lesnar out with a weapon of some description to get the pinfall.

The Undertaker vs Shane McMahon:

Shenanigans galore in this one. I expect a lot of interference and some super dusty finish. This will be full of high spots to distract the crowd from realising that two big faces are going up against each other and a loss for either of them is far from ideal. Undertaker losing to Shane at WrestleMania seems unimaginable but I think it has to happen. For Undertaker to win meaning everything effectively stays the same is going to be an absolute ball buster so due to some mad shit Shane steals the victory. Hopefully neither of them shoot die during this.

Triple Threat match for the Divas Championship: Sasha Banks vs Charlotte (C) vs Becky Lynch

Sasha seems like the obvious choice to go over here and I think she will. That said I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte retained either but I'm stumping for Sasha.

United States Championship match Kalisto (C) vs Ryback

LOL why is this a fucking thing. Meh Ryback wins. Who give a fuck.

Tag-team match: The Usos vs The Dudley Boyz

Another match I give zero fucks about. Usos will win to make the little jimmies happy. The match will probably be more entertaining than it sounds. Someone's going through a table.

4-on-3 handicap match: New Day vs League of Nations

NEW DAY ROCKS. NEW DAY ROCKS. I love these guys. We have seen this match what feel like a million times. LADS have been getting punked every time and I really don't see that changing here. New Day wins after Francesca is used as a weapon. Book it.

Chris Jericho vs AJ Styles

These guys are both very good at wrestling and sport entertaining and even though we've seen this 3 times already this will be the best of the bunch because it's WrestleMania. AJ has been on fire since he joined WWE and he obviously wins this.

Kickoff Match: 10 Divas Tag Team Match: Team Total Divas (Brie Bella, Paige, Natalya, Alicia Fox, & Eva Marie) Vs. B.A.D. & Blonde (Naomi, Tamina, Lana, Emma, & Summer Rae)

Team Total Divas go over. Eva Marie is in this. LOL.

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match: Kevin Owens © Vs. Zack Ryder Vs. Stardust Vs. Dolph Ziggler Vs. Sami Zayn Vs. Sin Cara Vs. The Miz

This should be fun although it should just be Zayn and Owens but OK. Tons of high spots and carnage galore. I wish that it was Zack Ryder winning this but I really doubt it. It's between Zayn and Owens and I am going to stump for Owens retaining. I think there is more mileage in him as the IC champ. He needs to hold on to it a bit longer before Zayn gets it in a singles match down the road.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

How I wish it was Bo Dallas or Sandow winning this. I think Braun Strowman is a likely winner here. It will be the massive push he needs given how helpful this match is in getting to the next level!

I expect Rock, Austin, Foley and HBK to be involved in some on screen stuff as the legend contingent. And that's that. We find out tomorrow!

Just watched the Nakamura/Zayn match. I don't follow NXT that religiously because I pretend to have an actual life sometimes but holy shit. These two are fucking brilliant. A really great fucking match at Takeover. The hype at NXT events is great as well. There is a bit of meme magic going on which you can roll your eyes at from the most cynical view but it's hard not to love the energy.

WRESTLEMANIA THoUGHTS

Triple H vs Reigns - Yeah I can't see them just doing Reigns winning a straight match as a babyface, because that would just get booed out of the building and they never end WM like that (even last year Seth Rollins winning as a heel was still a kind of feel good moment!) So either HHH screws him over (to cheers!) or Seth Rollins returns and forms the NEW HEEL SHILED with Reigns and, umm, Kevin Owens or someone.

Ambrose vs Lesnar - If Brock wins it will all have been a bit pointless, I agree. I wonder if they'll let Ambrose do anything totally crazy and risk him upstaging Shane.

Underaker vs Shane - There's a rumour that Shane is planning a BIG stunt. I really think he's going to jump off the top of the Cell. Probably onto a huge crash mat. I'm also predicting a Mean Street Possee run in. Yeah, I said it.

Divas Match - Fans will obviously be behind Sasha, but I think they could have Becky win without her being booed out of the building. Should be the best women's match in WM history!

Kalisto vs Ryback - Apparently this is on the pre pre show. Seriously. So I don't know if I'll even watch it.

Usos vs Dudley Boys - Yeah, don't care.

New Day vs League of Nations - I do think there actually is a good chance of The Rock being a mystery partner for New Day. He can just come in, hit his moves and not take any bumps to keep the Baywatch people happy! New Day have to win or the rest of the show will be fans chanting for them, like when the jobbed Daniel Bryan to Sheamus in 18 seconds that one year.

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho - I'm surprised this is just a normal singles match again. AJ will win and it might be too short and a slight letdown.

Divas Ten Woman Tag - Hye, at least Paige and Emma are getting a WM payoff. I'm happy for them.

IC title ladder match - Yep, this is the one that should be a singles match (between Zayn and Owens) with the US title match being the ladder match. But whatever, I think Zayn will win so Owens can complain that he was never pinned to lose the title.

Andre Battle Royal - Total lack of big names in here. Remember last we were SURE Mizdow was going to win but it was fucking Big Show? Maybe Mark Henry will win then announce his retirement.

I'll watch this whol show tomorrow probably starting at 11pm British time just saying that randomly okay!

NXT TAVKEOVER DALLAS

American Alpha beat The Revival for the tag titles - Very good match. One unfortunate messed up spot by The Revival where aftewards they just stared at the fans for 30 seconds while they chanted "Botchamania!" Maffew must have been creaming himself. But American Alpha are a great tag team!

Austin Ares vs Baron Corbin - Felt like a bit of a styles clash at first with Corbin struggling to keep up. Then Corbin used a long nerve pinch, my least favourite rest hold. But Ares won and looked pretty good so it was fine.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn - Yeah, this was great. Match of the year so far. Nakamura's charisma is off the charts. And they let him be himself! So many great moments in the match, felt like a New Japan match totally.

Asuka beat Bayley for the women's championship - Another great match. Bayley catching Asuka's kick and turning it into an ankle lock was amazing. I hope the finish doesn't mean Bayley's going to the main roster, because they'll ruin her.

Finn Balor beat Samoa Joe - Beat Joe match since he came to NXT. The blood really added to it and made him look like an unstoppable monster. He really stepped up. Only problem was it got stopped like three times too many by the doctors. Hurt the momentum. But still great! Balor, Gallows and Anderson to debut on RAW the night after I expect.

You should watch NXT over RAW and Smackdown!