YEAR LONG DIARY THREAD (2008)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
March 30: I'm almost finished with it! Honestly it's a great book, but not for how it's written.. the ideas and frustrations of the main character, Yosarian, make it worthwhile, but IT'S FUCKDAMN HARD TO READ.

The Watcher

cereal addict
3/30/08

slept 14 hours. got laid. watched some cartoons. now i'm hunnnngry!!!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
3/31 - Where the feck did March go?

I started reading The Hours yesterday. Lovely so far, if you don't mind the occasional page-long sentence.

The movie is great, I've watched it a dozen times and will do so again.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
^I loved Hot Fuzz! He's working on a new film with a different writing partner..wonder if it will work as well. Did you enjoy it Loktar?

Yes I did enjoy it. Especially when it took a turn for the bizzare with the whole psychotic police chief and the evil Neighbourhood watch association. Up until then it seemed a rather light hearted comedy

March 30-went to church, cleaned apartment, might do laundry later, need to do a few bills later as well.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
March 30: I FINISHED CATCH-22!!! Man it has never taken me that long to read a book before, but it was worth it. I think I'll read Dune now, cause it's getting hot.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Don't let roktar use it too hard.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
March 31 - swell thus far:
take a swig of brackish water before realising I put the wrong water bottle in my knapsack; batteries ran out whilst working out; no prob, had replacements; three minutes later they ran out. Went to the grocery store. realised in the parking lot my purse was at home. listened to a colleague complain about how "political" another woman is. christ on a stick, who cares? then stay the fuck away from her if it's so fucking bothersome! house reeks of paint. painted some more. it's raining. there's a rain warning. who the fuck gets rain warnings? where are , we, New Orleans?
fuckity fuck fuck fuck aspgftr!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
MARCH 31: My parents bought a motor home thingy. GOD this means they're gonna want me to go camping with them. DON'T THEY KNOW BSG STARTS THIS FRIDAY?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I will be conveniently ill on Friday!

Mom: Go camping with us, it'll be fun!
Me: Can't, mom, I have the diarrhea.
Mom: I've got some Imodium!
Me: Oh no mom, ew that'll make me constipated.
Mom: No it won't. Take it, you'll feel better.
Me: Moooom.
Mom: You never go anywhere with us.
Me: BUT I HAVE THE DIARRHEA!
Mom: Come on.
Me: No mom, gosh.
Mom: You don't love me.

FIN

curiousa2z

April 1st - still pouring rain, which is good cos its actually melting the snow.

Have to figure out how to avoid colleague's latest bitchfest so I can get home and watch the Man U/Roma game in time....lol.

Dont get me wrong - I really like her; she is a brilliant person and thank the gods she really likes me, cos when she likes you she likes you forever. But if for some reason she didnt take to you - yer poop in her books forever - even if you go on to save an entire kindergarten class from a burning building!

whisky

Boobie inspector
1/4/08 been installing new databases of my creation on my colleuges computers today.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
4-1-08: Same shit, different day. Worked all day, had to wait until late night to use computer because I share the computer with rocktar who slept all day and didn't go on until dinner time.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
4/1/08

Did not do much, watched some first season episodes of The X-Files, went to the post office, and the library.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
April 2: I've hurt my back somehow. I just bent over to pick up some laundry and my lower back feels all wonky.

curiousa2z

April 2: had a meeting this morning but as it was over well before the Arsenal/Liverpool match, didn't care. I HATE IT WHEN WORK INTERFERES WITH FOOTY :rwmad:

went to the library to get books on decorative techniques for painting furniture. Girlie Girl stuff!

and speaking of Girlie Girl stuff, went shopping around for some new trainers as they're having sales in the stores. still deciding. (I like how men just walk in and buy something and then leave!)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
April 3: Took several pain pills, and I'm feeling no pain.. except in my lower back which is the reason I took the damn things.