YEAR LONG DIARY THREAD (2008)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm baking a brisket, and touched the side of the oven with my wrist. It's not too bad, I put some cold water on it.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
^mmm...brisket. damn. I need to go out for some lamb and i just dont feel up to it. :(

curiousa2z

March - bloody- -EFFING-25th!!:

another bloody SNOW-EFFING-STORM! asfgrz!!!

whisky

Boobie inspector
25/3/08 found an air rifle pellet in my yard today, which probably explains the loud crack I heard last night.

Fortunately all windows intact.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Its supposed to be.

With luck this will be a one off, and no harm has been done.

After all it is just an air rifle pellet, not a round from an AK

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
25/3/2008 - Hurt.

curiousa2z

March 26 - OK, still goddamn snow everywhere...
BUT:
about five weeks ago I discovered that the silver chain around my neck had fallen off. On it were four special things, including a medallion my grandpa had given me when I was 12, which I've worn ever since.

as he's now gone, I was devastated (he was a cool old duffer ). Kept bugging the Y lost & found to see if it had come off whilst working out...nothing.

THEN last night as I was changing the kitty litter I noticed an odd glimmer under the basement stairs... my chain & 3 of the 4 things were with it, thank the gods!
Think I'll go buy a lottery ticket.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
3/26 - Did nothing on my day off yesterday. Didn't want to get up and go to work today. BUT I DID.

Where's my prize?

curiousa2z

^WHERE'S THE MF CAPTION PRIZE THEN, EH?!!

march 27 - worked, worked, worked. which is good, cos I may need to buy stuff someday and pay bills after that.
but now i want some dinner and must face a LOSTLESS evening cos i forgot about the damn hiatus.
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE BROTHA!

CaptainWacky

27/3/2008 - Keep getting erections.

curiousa2z

^ before or after writing your freestyle Lost eps?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
March 27- worked all day. came to the conclusion Verizon customer's are either old, clueless, mentally unstable or a combination of the three.

Sharing a computer sucks.

Smallville was good tonight. Sucks that Smallville is on hiatus until April 17th.

curiousa2z

March 29 - still no sign of spring.

BUT there is something...pale, yellow..?...it seems to light up the rooms somewhat...so i am using that tentative yet brave little light to start painting all the window frames & sills that were installed in December (even though we LOL expected them in September LOL ).

...this way I will feel virtuous tonight when i go and hang around with -*gasp*- those ne'er do wells AKA Jazz musicians. it be jammin' time!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
March 29: I decided I would make myself finish reading Catch-22... so anyway here I am on the internet instead of reading, lol. I've only got a few more chapters to go and if I would just make myself do it I could finish, but it's like reading a book written in the style of the Mine Field. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT, but it's hard to pay attention that long.

curiousa2z

^I loved Hot Fuzz! He's working on a new film with a different writing partner..wonder if it will work as well. Did you enjoy it Loktar?

March 30
happily NOT hung over from last night. the music was incredible. My friend sings like a lark and her hubby plays one sweet and sad [alto?] sax. and there was a guy on piano who's brilliant and another guy on another kind of saxaphone (the name of which i dont know) and he's just.. inspired . full house too.

whisky

Boobie inspector
30/3/08 Back at work tomorrow, managed to spend 80 quid more than I earned last month, not good

CaptainWacky

I couldn't read Catch 22 either.

30/3/2008 - WrestleMania Sunday.

curiousa2z

it was never one of my favourite books, frankly.