The Gul's Psychotic Break/WF Implosion Banpool...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Anna the Retard, ladies and gentlemen.

Oerdin

Grand Wizard. I called you the Grand Wizard. You are a crybaby. :gagh:

Oh, you are so full of projection. You know you "flamed" worse than I did and that it makes your claim about my supposed flaming trivial. You know it, I know it, and the only one crying is from you trying to avoid admitting that truth.

Oerdin

I love how Dinner/Oerdin is such a big deal risk to El Chubbie's Reputation that he daren't be seen on a forum with him...so as soon as Dinner gets banned, Chubbo promptly zaps off to a forum that he posts on so he can be seen on a forum with him.

Your mistake was nothing to take anything Chip said seriously.

The Question

Eternal
I love how Dinner/Oerdin is such a big deal risk to El Chubbie's Reputation that he daren't be seen on a forum with him...so as soon as Dinner gets banned, Chubbo promptly zaps off to a forum that he posts on so he can be seen on a forum with him.

One might almost come to the conclusion that Chump is full of shit. That is, assuming one had only just started interacting with him, which is the only reason one would not be aware of this fact already.

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
If they're just playing you guys to see your reaction on Troll Kingdom of all places, well that's taking trolling to a new low as well. ;)

giphy.gif

The Question

Eternal
That's a cuddly thought, but banning a quarter of your posters and driving another quarter of them off in the process just for lulz seems a little far fetched.

Let's apply Okham's Razor:

Theory #1: Banning/driving off half the active regulars will increase board traffic. Assumptions involved: 4.

Assumption #1: A largely empty board will attract prospective members.

Assumption #2: Homogeneity of worldviews and opinions among the remaining posters will be sufficiently interesting to prospective members that they'll register.

Assumption #3: The newly registered members will bring opinions to the board which are similar enough to the board's homogenous zeitgeist that the new members will avoid being banned just as the old regulars were, yet just different enough that they'll say anything at all that the rest of the remaining members haven't said to each other a million times already, thus "contributing" to the board and stimulating substantive discussion in some meaningful way.

And finally, Assumption #4: The board will thrive as a marginally more populated echo chamber.

Or:

Theory #2: The board's staff are egocentric, imbecilic asshats who are fucking their own board in the neck by turning it into a safe space. Assumptions... 0. We're watching the latter theory prove out, and have been for a couple years in an isolated case (me) and more broadly over the last month.

The Question

Eternal
More succinctly: You dumb gay bastards have lost the plot and are now killing Wordforge. But, since you have lost the plot, WF's closure can't come a moment too soon.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter

Anna

missmanners' favorite toy
Hey, I was never for Lanzman removing negreps, just against the idea that it was somehow some violation of free speech to do so. Certainly wasn't a cross worth nailing myself up on.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
You WF fuckheads are lucky I'm not a mod.

I'd ban the lot of you so I didn't have to listen to this stupid shit.

I think I'll PM a request to the powers that be.

I'm sure you're all real popular upstairs so if it does work and you wake up to find the door locked, I want you to know it was me.

gturner

Hey, I was never for Lanzman removing negreps, just against the idea that it was somehow some violation of free speech to do so. Certainly wasn't a cross worth nailing myself up on.

I don't think you can nail yourself to a cross. You have to use one hand to hold a nail to get it started, and you you have to use the other hand to swing the hammer. I'm sure you could hire an illegal immigrant to nail you to a cross at a cheap price, but you're not going to be able to do it yourself unless you rig up some kind of contraption with remotely triggered nail guns and such.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I don't think you can nail yourself to a cross. You have to use one hand to hold a nail to get it started, and you you have to use the other hand to swing the hammer. I'm sure you could hire an illegal immigrant to nail you to a cross at a cheap price, but you're not going to be able to do it yourself unless you rig up some kind of contraption with remotely triggered nail guns and such.
Not funny.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker

You can't do any of that anyway. You'll be too busy spelunking Volpone's ass.

(I'm sad to see all that cocksucking cum to an end. Butt it was worth it.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Titanic-deck-chairs-symbolism-lives-on-691492FG-x-large.jpg

Machs nicht. It has already been proven to be theater. Allegedly Ankles-gone is an "Ordinary Poster". Just like "Me and You." But the domain is registered to him. And when he says GTurner stays banned in The Shelter, BOOM! GTurner stays banned. It's like Tom Sawyer, getting the dupes to paint his fence. This has been a dog and pony show for going on a decade now.

Oerdin

New ownership, even partial, is a good thing. Honestly, Kreig hasn't shown even a slight interest in any of the traits that make a good moderator so it would be nice if they could find someone more suitable who actually gives a fuck.

The place still needs some big reforms and for starters they need to make a clear break with the biggest failure of the Gul years by removing the recent subjective rule change which remains ripe for abuse. Next they need to reform the shelter by making sure it is strictly only for reported offenses, no other topics, and that no former (not currently serving) mods have access. That will minimize behind the scenes game playing and force discussions out into the public where they really belong.

With so much of the user base run off, banned, or turned off to the point of leaving during the John/Gul years it is unlikely the place will ever get much traffic again. Still, they need to try.