The Gul's Psychotic Break/WF Implosion Banpool...

The Question

Eternal
Hey, now. He's also a fucking worthless TK piece of shit, like us all. :sarek:

The Question

Eternal
pzNzIZJ.jpg

Krieg1981

Deathlord.
New ownership, even partial, is a good thing. Honestly, Kreig hasn't shown even a slight interest in any of the traits that make a good moderator so it would be nice if they could find someone more suitable who actually gives a fuck.

The place still needs some big reforms and for starters they need to make a clear break with the biggest failure of the Gul years by removing the recent subjective rule change which remains ripe for abuse. Next they need to reform the shelter by making sure it is strictly only for reported offenses, no other topics, and that no former (not currently serving) mods have access. That will minimize behind the scenes game playing and force discussions out into the public where they really belong.

With so much of the user base run off, banned, or turned off to the point of leaving during the John/Gul years it is unlikely the place will ever get much traffic again. Still, they need to try.
This is the gift that keeps on giving.

Oerdin

Oh, you disagree that you don't give a fuck and have never responded to anyone who raises an issue with anything but a pity one liner? Let's deal with reality and reality is that is what you do and it isn't a good trait for a moderator to have.

Krieg1981

Deathlord.
Oh, you disagree that you don't give a fuck and have never responded to anyone who raises an issue with anything but a pity one liner? Let's deal with reality and reality is that is what you do and it isn't a good trait for a moderator to have.
Speak english, motherfucker.

gturner

No, really. When you have 20 people at best posting at a place, it's probably a good idea for half of them not to be "moderators". But then I forget, you were an offshoot of disgruntled TrekBBS posters who branched off and formed your own thing. Okay. Nice job of emulating them. ;)

Getting down to ten mods would mean firing almost half the staff!

Lilac

Luci ain't got nothin' on me.
There shouldn't be "mods" in the first place. First point of failure.

No, really. When you have 20 people at best posting at a place, it's probably a good idea for half of them not to be "moderators". But then I forget, you were an offshoot of disgruntled TrekBBS posters who branched off and formed your own thing. Okay. Nice job of emulating them. ;)
Funny, considering TK's reputation for having 20 admins back in the mid-aughts.

Oerdin

Speak english, motherfucker.

To many big words for you? OK, here is the simplified version: Stop bring a dick and actually try to understand other peoples arguments instead of just automatically rejecting them with one liners.

Good moderators do that but so far I have never seen you do that. Just a suggestion.

Anna

missmanners' favorite toy
I actually agree with that.

Granted, we have a number of mods that are such in name only or post so infrequently as to be useless. It made sense in the Lanzman days when he'd be MIA for weeks, but with the small populace we could stand to thin the herd.