Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashforward

I'd still like to know how an RPG blows your leg off, but leaves the rest of you relativly unscathed, when you are trapped inside a car that explodes.

Still considering the FBI guys got out of a car three weeks earlier without even a scratch, RPGs must be seriously underpowered in the FF universe.

When asked, the writers gave this response, "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH DESTINY BLAH BLAH SCHRODINGERS CAT BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH".

Sometimes I wonder if they didnt expect to go past the pilot.

So the writers made this great opening episode, then were so shocked when the series was picked up that they literally had no idea where to go from there.

Because I would hate to think they had actually planned to make this so dull and plodding.

I think they planned everything out and actually know where it's going...it's just that they can't write believable or entertaining characters or situations.

And the pilot was rubbish anyway, but back then we shrugged our shoulders and said to eachother "well, it might get better".

If the pilot had been as poor as some of the later episodes I would never have tuned in for episode 2

If the pilot had been as poor as some of the later episodes I would never have tuned in for episode 2

Ok, they dont want people to keep watching right?

FFS, just one interesting episode, is that too much to ask?

It was a bit better than last week's, at least. The actress playing the Japanese girl was quite good (or maybe just pretty) and it was the first time suicide doctor seemed even remotely interesting. But it's obvious they're not going to meet until the actual time of their flashforward.

And there was nothing else really related to the main arc.

I liked the stuff with suicide doc and the cute Japanese girl and LOLed when the Symphony of Light turned out to be a clue at the end, I recognised that music right away from watching that light show a few times. I don't know why they don't develop the bloody story more, though. The only reason anyone watches is to find out why the flashforwards happened, but we just keep getting diversions instead. Weeks seem to go by with the only three people who are investigating the most epic event in history DOING NOTHING.

It was nice to see the vamp leader from True Blood turn up, but why'd she blurt out info about one of the FBI agents being flagged up as a security risk while he was standing there? That doesn't make any sense!

I liked the stuff with suicide doc and the cute Japanese girl and LOLed when the Symphony of Light turned out to be a clue at the end, I recognised that music right away from watching that light show a few times. I don't know why they don't develop the bloody story more, though. The only reason anyone watches is to find out why the flashforwards happened, but we just keep getting diversions instead. Weeks seem to go by with the only three people who are investigating the most epic event in history DOING NOTHING.

It was nice to see the vamp leader from True Blood turn up, but why'd she blurt out info about one of the FBI agents being flagged up as a security risk while he was standing there? That doesn't make any sense!

Hey, did you know we got this episode before the US? LUCKY US!

It was a bit better than normal as some stuff actually happened. I liked Charlie going to work for the FBI. Didnt' see that coming and it gives him a more interesting role in the series now. Maybe he'll take Mark's place but be EVIL?

Why didn't Mark just say "well, obviously someone steals my gun!" to explain how it kills Noah? I hope there isn't tension between them (but there will be.)

It was pretty obvious at the end that they were fake paramedics so I was just waiting for them to kidnap him. I suppose this explains why Autism Boy ends up living with them and acts like it's his house.

But, as always with Flashforward, it was overall unsatisfying thanks to the acting, writing and just the whole style of the show. Maybe they need better directors. I dont' know. They need something. AFTER THE MID SEASON BREAK.

Agreed on all points. The line about giving the clichés a rest and getting to the point would have been clever if it was in a show that wasn't Flashforward. I bet Five's continuity announcers get pelted with eggs and rotten fruit by people angered by their sycophantic drivel before and after every show. I can't believe they're still trying to convince us this show is addictive and amazingly well written. It isn't. I actually had high hopes for this episode... I thought that maybe they'd been saving up a really good twist all this time and that was why earlier episodes had been so slow and uneventful, but no. It was just the same old rubbish.

I liked how they sign posted the ambos being fake by having Penny repeatedly ask if they'd had training. Does she do that on every encounter with paramedics, or only when an episode has minutes to spare with no dramatic climax yet established?

The gun thing was stupid. Like you say, it could've been someone else using it, but who cares? Just get rid of the gun or destroy it or something. That nice black guy died for nothing, they still haven't learnt that they can change the future.

The one thing I did like was the thing about Dmitri's smokin hot wife's vision. That was a nice little bit of writing.

Did you see the thing afterwards? They have four or five seasons meticulously planned out!

Not a bad episode, which is about as good as it gets.

My theory that I mentioned before about the flashforwards being from a parallel world rather than earths own future now has an explination thats more or less laid out in the show.

Their american cern was turned on at the moment of the blackout 6/10/09.

Pennys english boyfriend said about the other worlds theory, where things are almost identicle.

So what if the other worlds US cern was turned on 21/4/10 because of some technical or political delay?

The two then created a wormhole that linked both worlds, one having a flash forward, and one a flash back.

Which would explain how you get flashforwards for dead people, or none for others that probably wont die in this world, how people are together who wont be, and how noone ever goes "hey, Im in my flashforward!"

The only thing it dosnt really explain is Marks mosiac board

Yes, I thought the many worlds thing might be relevant...then again, they started talking about Schrodinger's cat a few weeks ago even though it had nothing to do with the plot.
Oh, it is Dmitri, not Noah. Silly me! And yeah, his girlfriend is hot, but the Flashforward IMDB board is full of people saying that no black woman would EVER date a korean man EVER...

Well in a way Schrodinger's cat might.

On earth the cat dies, on otherearth the cat lives.

Just realised another problem with my theory Marks daugher recognised the autistic boy, neither of them would have been born if Penny and less evil brit guy had always been together.

They might have had similar kids, but not identicle.

Then again they could both have had their original spouses leave them/die and got together on the other world, without them having been together for the whole time.