Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost season 6 FINAL CHAPTER

Ooooo, very Pinky & the Brain!

(more fun than the more obvious Quantum Leap connection)

Or just WB Cartoons.

Episode 1: Ben and Hurley load Desmond into an Acme Cannon pointed out towards sea.

Episode 2: Ben and Hurley find an underground tunnel that appears to go under the sea. Desmond runs into it, with Ben & Hurley cheering him on, only to find it was painted onto the side of a mountain by a Dharma Initiative Technician

And so on...

And I'm so happy they ended it with the shot of Jack closing his eye. As soon as he lied down in the bamboo I was hoping that's exactly what they'd do and they did and it was great.

Yeah, it's the little details that are what make LOST so good. I also liked the shot of Locke and Jack when they were peering down the waterfall, which mirrored the shot of them peering down the Swan shaft. On both occasions with Des at the bottom and a flickering golden light.

Oh and that brilliant shout out to the MF with the vending machine that didn't work.

I thought about Wacky's vending machine theory when that happened. Obviously Darlton reads the MF OR HE'S A SECRET MFER!

Maybe Eko couldn't make it on time because he was in Limbo Africa and Des called him when he was out of the house.

Some things from IMDb.

11. Sawyer, Kate, Miles, Richard and Lapidus got off the island, and presumably lived long and healthy lives. Then, at the end of their lives, they went to the flash sideways. Think of that like TITANIC, when an old Rose Dawson died and appeared on the Titanic as a young girl.

Oh, I thought it was so obvious. The show leads you to believe:

Survivors from a plane crash - caused by an escaped electromagnetic burst due to random numbers not being punched into a 1970's mainframe stemming from a 30 year old incident caused by an hbomb explosion they themselves set off - are miraculously healed on their new island home before being visited by ghostly apparitions of loved ones, attacked by an ethereal smoke creature, kidnapped and accosted by murdering indigenous others led by an ageless 400+ year old man, transported through time, escaping said island, returning to said island at the behest of battling demigods, watched the dead resurrect, and in the end saving the entire world by plugging up the egyptian hole in the glowing cave...

= REAL LIFE.

Plane passengers living out their daily, mundane lives in Los Angeles before experiencing bouts of weird deja vu and coincidental meetings...

= FAKE, constructed Limbo way station en route to eternal life

See how easy that is?

Did anyone notice the stone Desmond pulled out was a CORK?

Watched it again...as someone mentioned already, much clearer & better on the second pass, now that you kinda know the sequence and what to look for.

*sniffle*

a;lsdkaosidpasofjka;sld;als'dkas;ldi

Jebus.

What the hell is it about sappy series finales that seem to make everyone suddenly forget the massive amounts of BS that have now been left rotting for eternity. I saw you guys asking questions and being critical and saying wtfwtfwtf in this very thread BUT NAO....

WTF DID THEY NEED TWO AND A HALF HOURS FOR ZOMG???

Here's how I would have done it:

Act 1: Some random scene from Gilligans Island.
Act 2: That scene in Alladin where Abu tries to steal a ruby from the Cave of Wonders after which the cave begins to collapse with lots of falling rocks and lava.
Act 3: Some random scene from TNG where the crew desperatly tries to lift a huge fallen metal beam in a damaged starship off of someone pinned underneath with Data comming in at the last moment to show off his super android strength.
Act 3: The beginning of Super Metroid where Samus has to run really fast to escape a rapidly disintegrating space station.
Act 4: The scene in What You Leave Behind where Sisko confronts possessed Dukat in the Fire Caves.
Act 5: The scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Indy chooses wisely and drinks from the Holy Grail.
Act 6: The scene in The Wrath of Kahn where Spock fixes the warp core then plugs it back up so it stops glowing, Kirk cries, and the Enterprise warps away safely.
Act 7: The very last scene in Titanic.

DONE. Probably comes in at about 44 minutes worth of material and way under budget.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO. AND I WAS REALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO THE LOCAL SUNDAY NEWS

Ugggggh fuck people and these "emotions" I just wanted Jack sitting down and reading off a list of answers to all the plot threads and then at 44 minutes AND NOT A SECOND OVER he stands up and says "that's all for Lost" and that's it. FUCKING HELL.

Even after having a couple days to think about the ending, I STILL LOVE IT, FUCKFACES. Somehow all those mysteries don't seem to matter that much. In a show that lasts 6yrs and is full of mysterious things there are bound to be a few plot holes and unanswered questions. I loved the characters on the show, and I was happy with their happy ending.

Thinking back on it, one of my favorite parts was when Jin and Sun saw Sawyer after they'd remembered their lives. I wonder why Sawyer imagined himself as a cop!

Cassie, ditto for me. I watched the retarded Jimmy Kimmel special last night, and at the very beginning he showed the crowd reacting to the final scene. Wasn't a dry eye in the house. I was really, really moved by the entire finale, and I think it brought the series into better focus.

I think everything that needed to be answered was, for the most part. I think leaving some things to the imagination actually enriches the experience, because it allows to the show to live on for years-in discussions, debates, fan sites, etc. If there were a more cut-and-dried ending that answered everything, we'd all think, "Well, that's it, nothing more to think about."

When you really think about it, the best shows are character-drive, NOT plot-driven. If you aren't invested in the characters, why bother? From that standpoint, I think the show did a masterful job competing each character's arc. Some characters' arcs were over before others (Jin and Sun, Sayid, Juliet), but I think each one came to a satisfying conclusion.

Perfect ending, it alleviates some of the sadness that we won't see these characters onscreen ever again.

I want to know how many hundreds of years Hurley protected the island and if in all that time he managed to lose any weight. Or maybe he just kept getting fatter and fatter until the island sunk. He probably started bringing candidates to the island so he could eat them and their luggage.

I don't think Hurley needed food after he became the new island protector.

Also from a story point of view, maybe we never got some answers, because the characters didn't know the answers either.

Jacob and MIBs evil stepmother took a shitload of secrets to the grave, and who knows if she was originally from the island or someone else given the job of protecting it.

Jacob never told Richard, Widmore or Ben anything significant, just kept it vague all the time, and gave them orders "for the good of the island"

Jacob also made arbitrary rules up, and used whatever magic powers he had to enforce them to the detriment of most of the islands inhabitants.

As each island defender died passing on less knowledge to the next person, its no wonder so many of the islands secrets would remain unexplained.

It was a really good finale. I actually felt human emotions (I cried.) All the remembering bits were really well done. The Locke one was particularly satisfying as we finally got the OLD Locke back doing that Locke smile he does which we haven't seen all season (and I only realised that when he did it. He's a good actor.) Ben waiting outside was sad, but I guess he's going to be a ghost father to ghost Alex for a while. Juliet and Sawyer was realy good too. And Charlie/Claire. ALL OF THEM.

So I guess Desmond flashed forward to his own afterlife? That must be weird.

KATE KILLED THE SMOKE MONSTER. TAKE THAT, KATE HATERS.

As for the whole CHARACTER STORIES VERSUS MYTHOLOGY, I still have issues with how the mythology was handled in the last three seasons or so, issues I shall outline in a future thread (hope you're looking forward to it!) But as a character episode this was definitely the best they've done since the early seasons.

Aww, Vincent.

I'm glad some of the characters got out alive and maybe Kate and Claire will become lesbians rasing Aaron together.

IT WAS A GOOD TV SHOW.