Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost season 6 FINAL CHAPTER

So how does this new revealation about the numbers fit with the "VENICE SALAD EQUATION", eh Tomtrek? EH?!!?!?!

Anyway, Smoke Mionster could just be lying his fucking ass off to Sawyer. If it really turns out there's nothing special about the island and it's all just a big game between him and Jacob...well, I'd laugh anyway. I do think Sawyer is hoping to "con the conman" as well. I'm sure he won't just automatically trust everything Smokey says at any rate.

I missed Claire and Kate. Ilana does have big tits though, you can't deny that.

Sun is pretty much the most pointless character ever at this point. I liked Ben's speech at Locke's funeral. They've shown his body so much that he MUST be coming back to life somehow at some point, right? Unless it's just to hammer home the point that THE LOCKE WALKING AROUND THE ISLAND ISN'T REALLY LOCKE to stupid people.

Richard being all scared was quite funny.

I wonder if Alt Timeline Ben really is just a teacher or if he's an EVIL TEACHER. I mean the whole thing with him being shot by Sayid and resurrected in the pool happened before the bomb went off so it still happened in this timeline, RIGHT?

Well OBVIOUSLY as the Venice Salad Equation was about chaing the end of the world the ORIGINAL timeline is the one where the world ends but thanks to the people on the list of the numbers they CHANGED TIME and SAVED THE WORLD as we see in the X timeline OF COURSE???? SIMPLES.

i'm sure we all noticed that the numbers assigned to each candidate made up the famous 4-8-15-16-etc. chain of numbers. are they going to explain that this season? as in, "this is why duncan mccloud over there had to punch numbers into a terminal for years on end, okay, here, there you go. satisfied?"

oh gosh i hope they do.

i'm sure we all noticed that the numbers assigned to each candidate made up the famous 4-8-15-16-etc. chain of numbers. are they going to explain that this season? as in, "this is why duncan mccloud over there had to punch numbers into a terminal for years on end, okay, here, there you go. satisfied?"

oh gosh i hope they do.

Damon Lindelof said:
There are some questions that are very engaging and interesting, and then there are other questions that we have no interest whatsoever in answering. We call it the midi-chlorian debate, because at a certain point, explaining something mystical demystifies it. To try and have a character come and say, "Here is what the numbers mean," actually makes every usage of the numbers up to that point less interesting.

You can actually watch Star Wars now, and when Obi-Wan talks about the Force to Luke for the first time, it loses its luster because the Force has been explained as, sort of, little biological agents that are in your blood stream. So you go, "Oh, I liked Obi-Wan's version a lot better." Which in the case of our show is, "The numbers are bad luck, they keep popping up in Hurley's life, they appear on the island." ... But if you're watching the show for a detailed explanation of what the numbers mean—and I'm not saying you won't see more of them—then you will be disappointed by the end of season six.

I wonder if Alt Timeline Ben really is just a teacher or if he's an EVIL TEACHER. I mean the whole thing with him being shot by Sayid and resurrected in the pool happened before the bomb went off so it still happened in this timeline, RIGHT?

Technically, if the plane never crashed then the losties never went back in time, and all the things they did in the past never happened either, which of course also includes detonating the bomb.

But it seems like Jacob is one the one creating the different time line, since events have changed before the plane as well, unless the changes on the plane are a rippled affect from the things that didnt happen in the past by the losties.

BTW, anyone else think Penny might not have been born in the other reality, since if the plane never crashed, then Syied never went back in time and shot Ben, Ben never turned evil, took over the others and forced Widmore off the island.

Now I am assuming that Penny was not born on the island, but was conceived after Widmore left, and probably not with Eloise.

On the other hand Daniel could still have been born, but this time raised on the island, with Charlotte.

Speaking of lost, here is an image I made this morning in an attempt to explain to someone on trekBBS how a character name as a thread title might be a spoiler.

ethan.jpg

BTW, anyone else think Penny might not have been born in the other reality, since if the plane never crashed, then Syied never went back in time and shot Ben, Ben never turned evil, took over the others and forced Widmore off the island.

Now I am assuming that Penny was not born on the island, but was conceived after Widmore left, and probably not with Eloise.

On the other hand Daniel could still have been born, but this time raised on the island, with Charlotte.

Widmore left the island before Ben banished him. In fact, it's the reason he was banished, because he had a child with an "outsider".

It was stated in one of the episodes, maybe even "Jughead". I'm not certain it was Ben who banished Widmore, but he was definitely banished for having Penny off-island.

Here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Widmore

In 1992, following increased conflict between the Others and the Dharma Initiative, the Others purge the island of the Dharma folk by releasing poisonous gas at Dharma's barracks.[7] The Others subsequently move into the barracks. It is during this time that Charles is banished from the island as punishment for repeatedly leaving the island and fathering a child, Penelope "Penny" Widmore (Sonya Walger), with an "outsider."[5] Charles tells Ben, the Others' new leader, that one day he would have to choose between Alex, now his adopted daughter, and the island.[5]

I sitll want to know if it was Widmore who was in charge during the purge or if it was Ben (Richard certainly seemed to be taking orders from Ben when we saw flashbacks in Man Behind The Curtian.) And if Jacob ordered the purge or if it was Smokey pretending to be Jacob...or if Ben just ordered it himself because he's that much of a bastard.