Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

This week's episode was decent, thought it was kind of silly how quickly Scorch (I liked it when they made fun of his name) went evil. But maybe it was the Extremis that did it. Also kind of sad they killed the hot evil doctor lady. But then again the new lady is pretty too.

So Coulson and Melinda May are Skye's parents, right?

The fiery death was rather graphic for a show that's obviously watched by children.

Other than that I didn't find anything particularly notable, though it is funny how Ward is appearing more interesting through osmosis by sharing every scene with Skye, who's lovely.

Tumblr seems to think the next episode (IN TWO WEEKS) as Fitz/Simmons centric, so either one of them dies or they prove their worth as characters. (Or they both live and don't prove their worth as characters.)

The fiery death was rather graphic for a show that's obviously watched by children.

Other than that I didn't find anything particularly notable, though it is funny how Ward is appearing more interesting through osmosis by sharing every scene with Skye, who's lovely.

I was shocked, not by how violent it was, but that channel four didn't cut it.

They have come a long way since Angel.

‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ November Sweep Episode To Feature ‘Thor’ Crossover

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Friday November 1, 2013 @ 6:18pm PDT

ABC’s Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues to serve as a promotional platform for Marvel’s movies. Eleven days after the release of the next Marvel/Disney movie, Thor: The Dark World, the November 19 episode of ABC’s freshman series will pick up the where the feature leaves off, Marvel announced on its Web site.

Titled “The Well,” the episode is described thusly: “In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces – one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.” Star Trek: The Next Generation alum Jonathan Frakes will helm the episode, which will not feature characters or actors from the Thor movies.

Ooooooo!

I have read some comments on this latest episode and some people are saying it was boring, but I liked it. It was about the characters on the team, instead of the calamity of the week, although they did have a calamity to deal with. I figured the show would eventually get around to giving us a reason to care about the characters, and they did a pretty good job. I hope we get more of it now and then.

Yeah, there was more character stuff and less "the world's gonna end, must be Tuesday", and I loved the scene at the end between Coulson and Ming Na. And I remember the scene with the deep skydive, which told me "hey maybe these are Marvel characters after all and not just a bunch of nerds making a fan-funded sequel to Alias".

But the thing that's still getting lost in this show is Joss' voice. The words are on the page, but you have to listen real close to hear them, because the actors are talking so low and so fast that a lot of raging Jossisms just sail right by, when they should be used more to punctuate moments. The characters need to be less subtle in general. Maybe the network is afraid of the show not looking "cool" enough or something. I dunno. The elements are there, they just need to find their true style.

I thought once it got going this was definitely the best episode yet. Everyone got good character moments and Simmons seemed to get hotter the closer to death she got (this is the most important thing obviously.)

It was probably the best episode yet. It helped that they focused on the two most sympathetic characters, but they even managed to make Ward sort of fun. I liked that they made fun of how absurd the skydive was, although it did kind of clash with how serious in tone the rest of the show can be.

I know catching up with someone in freefall seems counter-intuitive to everything we know about gravity and terminal velocity, but in atmosphere this can happen, a body pointed head down will fall faster than one falling spread eagled.

You can catch someone, and one parachute can save two people, the only far fetched thing would be that he could even see her, but being such a good shot, you would imagine he would have very good eyesight.

I liked the episode, part of me thought she would die so that the surviving nerd would get off with Skye, but think hero boy has his eyes on her.

BTW, where was the Thor link? Or was I missing something really subtle that I wont realise until I see teh dark world?