Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Yeah, the lack of tension is a thing. One minute they're whining about how impenetrable Ian's Malta hideaway is, and 10 seconds later Coulson is standing outside the perimeter, still in his black suit. *snort*

It got a full season order. So maybe the upcoming episodes are good enough that "the suits" thought it can survive. I would hope there's some tweaking in certain areas.

In a shocking twist in episode 5, the entire cast will unzip their skin suits and SURPRISE, IT'S THE CAST OF DOLLHOUSE.

Let's have a couple talking candidly about their sex life right before a show suitable for children begins. GREAT SCHEDULING CHANNEL 4.

It was a bit of a bland episode, I guess the whole "not having his muscle memory" thing is another indication that Coulson is cloned.

I preferred it over the first two, partly because the boring guy wasn't in it much, but I still found tonight's football more entertaining. I should never find football more entertaining than an expensive scifi show.

It was good that someone did some proper spy stuff, but it was all very cliche. The quirky nerds were ok this ep though.

Wacky, is it me or does Ming Na just not give anything away?

I thought it was okay. It got better in the second half and was actually approaching good at some points when Coulson was facing off with the scientist. Skye was decent in the spy scenes (though really it was pretty lowlevel spy stuff compared to even ALIAS.) Ward is still bland. Fittz and Simmons were okay this time and had a couple of funny bits but they still aren't really characters. Ming-Na seemed to decide to go back to FIGHTING PEOPLE pretty quickly. I hope we get some backstory with her soon.

I liked that it ended with a super villain being born in an outlandish way. Bring on MODOK next.

It still had the usual SHIELD problems like looking kind of cheap. I mean the part with Coulson and Ward at the fence was pretty lame. When the guards attacked it was so poorly staged. I don't know why it's like this when this was supposedly quite a high budget show.

Also I'm pretty sure Malta is nothing like that.

I guess my problems with the show would be that barring the two scientists noone on the show seems to want to do their role.

Tough guy does nothing but complain hes not allowed to be tough, Skye dosnt want to be a spy, MinGa dosnt want to fight, or fly the plane, or do pretty much anything, even Coulson who should be tying it all together is not the cool excitable guy from the movies, who was always enthusiastic about everything.

Plus with all of the technology available to SHIELD, they dont have anything that can bypass a laser fence?

Marvel supposedly working on a shitload of tv shows.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/mar...of-four-series-a-mini-for-vod-cable-networks/

Of course there's the temptation to say "WELL THEY SHOULD MAKE SHIELD GOOD BEFORE THEY MAKE ANYTHING ELSE" but I'm sure they'd all be from different teams so there's no reason to think the quality of SHIELD would reflect the quality of the others...then again FOUR series and a mini series seems like too much no matter how good they are. But I'd watch the shit out of the Agent Carter (starring Hayley Atwell and Neal McDonough as Dum Dum Dugan) series!

OK I'm done being kind -- this show is drab. It's like Alias on barbituates.

FIX IT JOSS FIX IT JOSS FIX IT JOSS FIX IT JOSS FIX IT JOSS FIX IT JOSS FIX IT JOSS FIX IT JOSS FIX IT JOSS!

This last episode was the best one so far, IMO. It's still not that great, though. It's just something seems to be missing, something that would make the show grab you and make you like the characters.

I enjoyed hacker girl and robot guy's interactions a lot more this time. HE'S TICKLISH.

It was better but I still can't tell what it's meant to be. It's like a kids show but with eyes hanging from optic nerves and references to penises.

I thought the humour was improved and the team seemed to work better together. I didn't find myself cringing like I have in previous weeks. I actually laughed a few times ("seduce him") and yes Ward is more interesting in glasses for some reason. I mean it wasn't amazing but it entertained me AND THAT MEANS SOMETHING SURELY.

Yeah it was weird how Ward seemed more like a real human when he wore glasses. I thought the ending summed up his lack of personality quite well though.