Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

yeah, I thought this was kind of a big meh and I couldn't really engage. back to whatever I usually watch in that time slot, methinks.
Did like the banker's car that Skye took off in, though.

Hey UK peeps, remember when it was announced that AOS would be on Channel 4 just days after the States and I said "how long before they fuck it up in some way?" and you all (Tomtrek and Fuddlemiff) were like "NO WACKY THEY'VE OBVIOUSLY INVESTED A LOT IN THIS SHOW AND WANT IT TO SUCCEED." Do you see AOS on this week's tv schedule?

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvels...gents-of-shield-returns-to-channel-4-in-march

And the saddest thing is I don't even care enough to download?

One of the better SHIELD episodes, IMO! Skye's family secret is more interesting than Coulson's was.

TCA: Deathlok & Lorelei Characters Joining ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

By DOMINIC PATTEN | Thursday January 23, 2014 @ 4:42pm PSTTags: ABC, Jeph Loeb, Marvel Television, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., TCA

The Marvel Comics character Deathlok will appear on ABC‘s Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. beginning next month, Marvel TV chief Jeph Loeb said today during the show’s TCA set visit presentation. DeathlokThe character Mike Peterson, played by J August Richards on the series, will become the cyborg. “We’ve been leaving breadcrumbs along the way,” Loeb said. “This is a major Marvel character appearing on TV, on film for the first time.” Earlier in the presentation, Loeb showed footage of Bill Paxton on the series; he is joining for “several episodes” playing Agent John Garret. It was also confirmed that comic creator Stan Lee will appear in a cameo on the February 4 episode. Also coming aboard is the character of Lorelei (played by Elene Satine), a villain from Thor’s home of Asgard; footage was shown of her and another Thor character, Lady Sif (Jaime Alexander), facing off. ”You are in the back half of the movie,” executive producer Jeff Bell said of the remaining episodes of the season. Added Loeb: “We set it up, now we’re going to pull the trigger.”
http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/tca-deathlok-joining-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/

Deathlok is at least I character who's been in comics recently and might be kind of recognisable (in terms of C-level characters.) Never heard of Lorelei.

I think this latest episode (with the Stan Lee cameo) was one of the better ones. Stan's cameo was kind of stupid and the situation they found themselves in on the train was kind of stupid, but it all came together somehow and I liked it and even felt some emotion about Skye at the end. I kept hoping whatever it is that makes her special would happen, though.

I guess Ian Quinn is the big bad guy again (Helo's bland brother). He's a better actor than Helo, so at least he's not TERRIBLE, but I think about Helo every time I see his face and that's bad. :rwmad:

MAY PUNCHED IAN QUINN'S FACE IN. RAWR!

Okay, I really liked this episode even if I hate it when characters on a show are up against a countdown to an explosion and they make it out JUST IN TIME!!!!

The Guest House was neat. I would really like to ask Wacky about the weird alien in the tank thingy but I can't even describe it so if he hasn't seen it he won't even know what I'm talking about :rwmad:

YAY, Skye is going to live.

UK pace: So this episode started off like a SHIELD episode. It reminded me why this show just isn't really all that good: the overly bright lighting, the bad writing, the half-assed fight scenes, Ward, etc. But I did kind of like the parts where Skye was pretending to be Mae, a bit? Maybe because she looked hot? I mean it was still ridiculous that SHIELD couldn't track Coulson themselves and only Skye's OUTRAGEOUS METHODS could get the job done but...it's SHIELD. I kind of liked the scene with Coulson and Ron Glass too, maybe. And Simmons lying was kind of funny. But meh it's still SHIELD.

Yeah a bit disapointing, all we know for sure is that Coulson had 9 illegal opperations, and was dead for three days, and didn't want to be saved because it was so painful.

All those proper marvel ways out of death, and they go for something really mundane.

Kind of somes up the show really.