The thread that started it all.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
eloisel:

Ohhh ... yeah, maybe you should stop watching Nickelodeon for awhile.

Haven't you been eating a lot of spinach lately?

jack

Riotgear:

LOL Indeed I have. You know it ain't the threads that veer - It's you and I steering them right into the trees.

If when I'd first showed up at TK you'd have told the day would come that I'd be hanging out in a private room with you, Donovan and Jack, I would have had a great big lol and wrote you off as a crazy person.

Somehow I have a feeling you might have had a similar reaction if provided with the same sort of prophecy.

It's pretty damn funny how shit plays out. You just never can tell eh?

/salude

jack

eloisel:

Well, that is how conversations go. I find when conversations are restricted to topic they end fairly quickly. Some conversations should end quickly - like this one about Lady Gaga as she is a very limited subject - but this is a message board. When the conversation stop, so does the reason for its existence.

Oh well.

I know - I have my suspicions about what Jack had in mind with this mix - sort of like what would happen if a penguin is thrown into a pool of sharks - but it may be playing out differently than anticipated.

jack

Riotgear:

If you're calling me a penguin, I think I'm going to have to resent that.

jack

jack

Riotgear:

suuuuure you are

jack

eloisel:

LOL. You think I'm a shark?

jack

Riotgear:

Well, you're no penguin...

jack

eloisel:

Interesting that you think that. However, I don't think I'm the one that attacks other people. Generally, I'm the one defending myself from people who are attacking me.

jack

Riotgear:

Oh come now...Really? Well OK.

I mean if that's as deep as we're going to go, then I guess that's as deep we're going to go. Whatever.

jack

Loktar:

Quote from: eloisel on May 29, 2011, 08:47:17 PM

Interesting that you think that. However, I don't think I'm the one that attacks other people. Generally, I'm the one defending myself from people who are attacking me.
Sure ya are, racist old fart hippie.
1221.imgcache.gif

jack

jack

Riotgear:

In the interest of this small room I'll be totally blunt with you this one time-

In a larger venue like TK your passive/aggressive schtick can be useful for weeding out the rifraff and gaining a tactically advantagous position for you in the minds of your readers.

In a smaller venue like this and among friends it's tiresome and uninteresting. The effect here can be alienation from a closeknit group of folks who may in fact be interested in having a real conversation with you.

If that makes no sense to you then you may feel free to write me off as some crazy asshole who just doesn't get you. You wouldn't be the first and won't be the last.

Of course that's my schtick. One that (for the most part) I leave at the door when I come her to have a drink and a chat with friends.

IHO

jack

donovan:

I think that El is harmless in the way a Venus flytrap is harmless, and I'm not at all convinced the tendencies toward passive aggressive response are an act. However, for every annoying or tiresome trait I find in her (or anyone else for that matter) I am fairly certain I have at least three equally annoying habits. I have come to realize, grudgingly and with rancor, that my unsolicited observations on the faults of others isn't well-received by those individuals, especially while my own shortcomings are left to grow unchecked.
So in the interest of regaining my own equilibrium I am straining mightily to resist correcting others until my own needs are sorted out.

Could take a very long time.

jack

eloisel:

LOL - and you think I've misread the situation!

jack

jack:

Quote from: donovan on May 28, 2011, 05:44:44 PM

I meant with regard to talent level. Madonna has talent but is inactive. If she toured she could sell it sans gimmickry. KISS is a shitty band with a hot gimmick. If they ever dared take off the makeup like they did in the 90s people would figure out they suck. What will remain to be seen is if GAGA can hold a crowd without meat dresses and nudity...
As an elder let me correct you here.

Madonna was the MOST athletic performer of her time. Her time was when she was 18-25. Banned in Canada for "Like A Virgin" Strongest female rock performer in that period.

KISS is interesting. I'll tell you as a cover band artist for over 40 years that learning their staged material is money in the bank for live sets.

When they play with their makeup off it's Songs For The Deaf...

you can't even hear it.

Queens of the Stone Age - Song for the Deaf (Early Version)

1222.imgcache.gif
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:21:40 PM by jack »

jack

Riotgear:

/Gear takes a small step back

jack

Donovan:

Lol

jack

Mirah:

Quote from: eloisel on May 29, 2011, 07:36:53 PM

Some conversations should end quickly - like this one about Lady Gaga as she is a very limited subject - but this is a message board. When the conversation stop, so does the reason for its existence.

But there is more to discuss! Lady Gaga and Illuminata.......
Dirk Funk posted this sight probably a year ago. It is an interesting study, and curiuos to know why all the imagery.
Lady Gaga's "Alejandro": The Occult Meaning | The Vigilant Citizen