Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torchwood: Miracle Gay... er, Day

I fell asleep and missed most of it. Not the show's fault, I was just really sleepy.

I thought it was a really good episode, actually. The stuff about the WHOLE FREAKIN SYSTEM being responsible was unexpected and well described. Of course, that immediately followed by a new buzzword "The Blessing" that we'll hear for a few episodes before they forget it, just like the The Soulless, Dead is Dead, 45 Club, etc.

Hey, don't forget, nobody dies now! Yes... it's episode five... you don't have to keep reminding us.

Rex insisting that the guy should take his evidence... ... honestly, just when you think it's getting good.

That (Friday's US episode) was probably the best episode so far.

I mean it's mostly because it focused on Jack and actually has character writing that was pretty good and there was a Doctor Who and a Sarah Jane Adventures reference and hey look there's Nana Visitor.

I mean yes, once you get to the end it all sort of fell apart (there was literally no reason for Nina Visitor to get Gwen to bring Jack when she could've just asked him and he would've come anyway), but still.

COLONEL KIRA'S LEFT AND RIGHT TIT!

I missed the first 30 minutes, but the last half did seem better than the previous episodes. The Jack stuff was kind of intense AND STUFF. I agree with TOMTREK, the end of it was stupid. WE'RE REALLY EVIL AND WE KIDNAP BABIES JUST BECAUSE WE COULDN'T BE ARSED TO BE STRAIGHT FORWARD.

Really good episode. Lots of characterisation stuff and no Oswald for two whole weeks! Next week looks like it's back to usual, though. :(

Maybe they didn't want to tell Jack what it was all about because he'd come up with a plan or alert the others before showing up for the meeting? Still pretty dumb, but I'm willing to let it go since the rest of the ep was well done.

Yes, it was a good episode. It felt more like Torchwood than any other this series. John Barrowman was actually good too. Even Esther and Rex were useful.

Of course it seems like IT WAS ALL JACK'S FAULT again. Agree about Kira, she could have just called up Jack and said "hey, Angelo wants to talk" and he would have come. And wow, what a bitch Gwen is. She was happy Owen, Xianto and the Chinese girl died because it made her feel special?

But it is a bit glaring that none of this Angelo stuff has been hinted at before. They should have shown some of the flashbacks earlier in the series to make it a mystery. As it it, it gives the impression they're just making it up as they go along...

And I'm completely confused by Jack's timeline. After Rose made him immortal, he went back in time to the 19th century and joined Torchwood, right? So why did he say that has hasn't been to confession for "seven hundred years"? How did he have his World War 2 coat in the 1920s? Didn't he get that from the real Captain Jack? He didn't have it when Rose made him immortal, did he? Or is he supposed to have travelled back in time AGAIN at some point just to shag some Italians?

Yeah, only briefly though.

I don't understand Jack's timeline either. Maybe someone will do another infographic. It probably doesn't make sense anyway, so not worth trying to figure out. I thought his wrist band could let him travel in time, though.

The closest we've come to having any reference to this was in last week's episode, when "The Blessing" was bandied about. In this week's there was an exchange between Jack and Angelo where Jack's immortality was described as a curse or a blessing, in a way that I think was supposed to seem clever.

There is a solution to the timeline problem that is fairly easy, but dramatically cheap.

After Jack killed his grandson, he went off to that star wars cantina place where the Doctor hooked him up with Alonso. We know somehow he got back from that place to earth, but not how, or more importantly for a time traveller, when.

So in theory he could have got a lift from some time traveller with a dodgy machine that took him back 700 years before ideally he would have liked to arrive, meaning he had to bum his way around the earth waiting to catch up to the moment he needed to meet Gwen again.

Of course this would mean in WW2 there were 4 versions of Jack on earth at the time.

1 Original human Jack posing as a time agent.
2 resurrected Jack who had been on earth 200 years or so by then, the one who got off with the person with the name he pinched in the first place.
3 In the ground Jack, or was he in stasis in the hub by then, I am somewhat fuzzy on that detail.
4 Theoretical got off at the wrong time Jack.

Meanwhile on IMDb... there's a 6 page thread about whether River said she'd be wearing lots of "jumpers" or "jodhpurs" (she blatantly said jodhpurs).

Am appalled by the sex scenes in Torchwood...Frankly I was hoping for more explicit scenes and more naked Barrowman

- Emma, london, 28/8/2011 22:30

*snort*

I'm willing to bet there wouldn't have been a single complaint if it was a woman. - Elle, Birmingham, UK, 28/8/2011 9:43 You are correct Elle, because that would have been normal, as opposed to what was shown which is not normal.

- Martin, Somerset, 28/8/2011 22:20

*sigh* Depressing comments to see on a mainstream newspaper's website. Still, if a dozen people have complained on the internet I can see why it would be a major story...

Did you read the one that tried to blame this sort of thing for the riots, despite it airing almost two weeks later.

I actually found this episode a lot less offensive than the one where he just picks up some random guy in the bar, that one felt shoehorned, this one felt like it belonged in the story.

Jack repeatedly getting stabbed and chopped up every time he come back to life was far more horrifying to look at than some man on man action without any dicks on show, but oddly enough noone seems to be complaining about that.

Have these hundreds of viewers never watched Torchwood before? The very first episode had Owen raping a woman and a man (or did they only complain about the male rape part.)

Did you guys ever figure out how they're editing the show differently for BBC? OR WHATEVER?