Torchwood: Miracle Gay... er, Day

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Since the first episode episode of the first season they've tried to hint that there could possibly be something between Jack and Gwen (for whatever reason, did anyone actually care?) Just because a bisexual has slept with men the last couple of times doesn't mean he can't like women too (in Children of Earth we found out he'd been married to woman and had a grandson...who he murdered.) I don't know why I'm actually defending Captain Jack's sexuality though...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
There was a severe thunderstorm all during Torchwood last night. Having the signal blocked off and on was a VAST improvement.

I was WONDERING something. Do people heal from their wounds, or do they just stay mangled, or whatever, forever? I don't see how the world could possibly fall all to shit this fast, if some of the injured healed... well tbh, I don't see how the world could fall to shit this fast even if no one healed, all that is extremely farfetched.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I think you can only heal from something that wouldn't have killed you in the first place, I mean that is pretty much what death is, when something injuries the body beyond its ability to repair itself.

People aren't dying, but they aren't getting better.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Death isn't damage to the body, death is the cessation of the body's functions. If minor wounds still heal, then major wounds should ALSO heal given enough time.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Will watch later!

I think something like Rex's wound would heal eventually if he didn't keep running around and having sex and stuff. They covered this in the first episode, when the hot doctor said that since people wouldn't die of their injuries they now had time to save them.

I agree the world wouldn't fall apart so quickly, but then we don't really have much idea of how many people usually die each day? I suppose a lot of hospital beds are freed up by patients dying, even though the vast majority must be freed up by people simply getting better. It should really take months and months for the build up of people to be such a major issue.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't understand why they don't patch the wounded up and send them home, OR SOMETHING.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It should really take months and months for the build up of people to be such a major issue.

This is the same RTD who wrote an episode about the UK having it's own concentration camps only a few months after London was destroyed. He's not good with time scale.

CaptainWacky

That bad animation creeped me out so I stopped watching.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Eurgh. That was almost as bad as that horrible Dr Who animation a while back. The story was sorta ok though. So the woman's brother knew about Miracle Day a week before it happened and blogged about it and then ON Miracle Day some corporate ninjas shot him but left the blog online apparently so webisode two is probably about them getting fired. Meanwhile, the brother is "SO alive" despite flatlining in the ambo.

CaptainWacky

So they killed the doctor (killed by Mister Garrison even) who was one of the more interesting characters. The BBC announcer said "JACK AND THE TEAM DISCOVERY WHO'S BEHIND THE MIRACLE" in the preview but they really didn't. The whole plan seems to be "let's trick humans into acting like nazis agani!" Oswald's speech was just bizarre and it's not believable that people would be cheering him on. THey showed poeple in "Dead is Dead" shirts cheernig him, but weren't they opposed to Oswald last week (the woman crushed in the car was "Dead is Dead.")

It's just a frustrating mix of trying to figure out the plot and trying to figure out who's hot.

whisky

Boobie inspector
That has to be one of the nastiest deaths ever on Torchwood, because if you were getting burned alive for real, after a short time the pain would just kill you, but of course for her pain cant kill you, she would have felt every last moment.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I don't get all this stuff about people having no brain function. In the first episode we saw a guy who'd been blown up who clearly still had consciousness of some sort, but this week the "dead" people are all in comas. What happened to them being "SO alive!!"?

The doctor was a bit silly ranting at that guy and calling him a limp dicked somethingorother (in a badly dubbed bit) when it was just her and two men and he'd already talked about basically raping her. Still it's annoying if they've killed her off because she was my fave character.

OK, so they're killing people that would be dead anyway? It's evil but what does it achieve? PhiCorp knew the miracle would happen, so they came up with a way to get rid of the dead while making money from it? Great, but they'd have to be pretty stupid to think no one would ask questions about where their loved ones were ending up, especially when the company had knocked down the Dead Is Dead campaign and instead had a paedo convince everyone that they were angels (no one's gonna want angels dead!). Will this EVER make sense?

I mean it wasn't a terrible episode. I liked sexy doctor's inspection of the camp and the bit when Jack pleaded with the ambos to look after his crazy old boyfriend, but nothing involving Danes makes the least bit of sense and the news report segments are the most cringeworthy thing ever. I'd never watch the news again if it constantly zoomed in on the presenter's ear while static intermittently made the whole picture fuck up.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
The more I read this thread, the happier I am I gave up on it. It sounds like a complete mess.

CaptainWacky

Yeah it really doesn't make sense that Gwen's dad is unconscious after having a heart attack but people who are blown up are still awake (but not people who are put in an oven?)

The Jack bits were actually the best part of the episode and I liked it when Rex was banging on the door while his girl was dying instead of, like, looking for the lock or trying to turn the oven off.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I feel like I should keep watching it so I can watch something with the whole MF.

Homo Erectus

That has to be one of the nastiest deaths ever on Torchwood, because if you were getting burned alive for real, after a short time the pain would just kill you, but of course for her pain cant kill you, she would have felt every last moment.

once your nerves are bunrt you can't feel it any more. And you don't die from pain when you burn. You just keep burning.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'll keep watching it because somehow it's still entertaining, while having incredibly insultingly bad writing.

CaptainWacky

I'll keep watching in order to keep posting in this thread.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'll keep posting in this thread even though I don't watch ot. REBEL.