True Blood Season 5

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The whole plot this season has gotten kind of silly. Is this where the books go at all?

All of these characters were cool in the first couple of seasons, but now they're these cartoonish archetypes. At least when DS9 went full-tilt wartime, the characters remained themselves going through it.

It's gone from an edgy HBO show to a SyFy-show-that's-gone-2-more-seasons-than-it-should-have.

AT LEAST HAVE ERIC TEAR HIS PANTS AND THEY ALL LAUGH ABOUT IT.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
FRANKLIN IS ON GRIMM NOW.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Is he rapey?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He's Sam Adama's brother. He hasn't raped anyone, but he has tortured someone. I think he had an erection.

CaptainWacky

He played Summer Glau's dad in THE CAPE even though he's only 13 years older than her. Truly his erection is unstoppable.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Mmmm, early puberty.

:cosmic:

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
The whole plot this season has gotten kind of silly. Is this where the books go at all?
Absolutely not. The books have gone a completely different direction. It is like the show writers use random plot elements to still be able to do the "based upon the Sookie stackhiuse novels" bit, and then create whatever they think will work.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
stupid on stupid
I'm Jessica. hiding and in fear of my life. but I creep upstairs so evil pearl necklace vamp woman can catch me and take me back to Bill. FUCK!
- great plan - let's lure Russell over to our hidden enclave and stand around gobsmacked and stupid doing nothing while he kills the fairy elder. FUCK!

the books are not this retarded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Now I guess we know why Charlaine Harris doesn't have much to do with it anymore. If at all. The finale better be decent and not fuckedupedness.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
AMEN.

I've just finished Deadlocked, the penultimate book in the series. She's working on the final editing of the last Sookie book right now :(

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
I admit she kinda lost me when she

made Eric the lovesick puppy and Sookie all indecisive if she loved him back.
, though

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Well, at least Bill isn't wishy-washy anymore...

-----------------

Sookie: "Oh. Okay."
Jessica: "I knew it!"

I'm glad that this show can still give me a real LOL moment.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I actually really loved the finale. I wish the rest of the season had been better.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, it was like the Smallville syndrome of some repetitive, frequently dumb episodes in the middle, and then a really good finale that leaves you wanting more.

Even the scenes with Andy were good (partly because it's nice seeing Lafayette back to his season 1 self).

Sam changing inside a vamp has to be the most gruesome death so far!

Russell was ultimately wasted, but I suppose now he's dead they can't ruin his character anymore. I didn't think much of the effects they used for his death. You'd expect something more spectacular for such an old vampire.

There should be more scenes where other actors play Sam's girlfriend.

Tara's gay again. Guh. Well at least they make an interesting couple. Pam's a bit old for her though surely.

I wonder what Billith's powers will be.

Queen Mud

I AM THE QUEEN!
LOL @ Billith!

I love how Eric was like "Run!" As if that's gonna fucking help? Also Sookie don't have anymore Fairy Power. She's fucked!

I'm honestly glad that shit is over... Onto some real entertainment with Boardwalk Empire

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Andy's scenes, really all the scenes in the bar, were fun. Loved it when they were watching the news and preacher vamp turned into Luna.

CaptainWacky

I'm going to note down plotholes and annoying things as I watch it...

So Russell is dead by the end of the teaser. Was it even worth bringing him back for this season? How did Eric know where Russell was? What was the point of the Elder Fairy last week going out on her own and...ah, fuck it.

UNLIKE GOT I always skip the opening titles with True Blood.

Oh no, Ricky's in danger! We all care what happens to her!

It's funny how none of the naked humans ask "hey, how can that guy turn into a fly?" whenever Sam shows up.

This really doesn't have the urgency of a season finale.

The fairy's having an orgasm birth. "I have no idea what's happening." "Who does?"

I'M SO HAPPY ALCIDE'S THE PACKMASTER!

How come no vampire mentioned how amazing Sookie smells up until now (other than Eric and Russell) but now every one of them notices it? She's encoutered lots of vampires in the last five seasons.

Sam blew up Sharon Osborn vampire from inside. Okay, that was cool.

Luna feels ill because she has clothes on for the first time in weeks.

Jason kills Chelsea. Was she actually evil or just a secretary doing her job? Guess it doesn't matter! He of course manages to hit the heart first time with every shot.

Nora flying looks really cheap.

I actually liked the Tara/Pam scenes all season and now they're kissing and it's kind of silly. I totally missed that Pam is supposed to be a lesbian too.

What happened to all the naked humans?

Still waiting for Bill to reveal his masterplan!

Drinking Lilith's blood made Bill's clothes disappear!

Not one mention of "Warlow" in the entire episode.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Hey look here's the online exclusive deleted scene bonus scene where they actually talk about Warlow:

[YOUTUBEHD]IRv82NjVNrk[/YOUTUBEHD]