What's up.

BitchSlapSmitty

Friday said:
I think Donovan's mistake came when he appeared to put on the defensive someone who is well liked, and who is going above and beyond in her family situation. Her defenders (me included) are not going to see anything beyond the good she is doing.

Donovan, you picked the wrong fight here.
yet still I call bullshit cause his concerns are valid.

All of which any of you yet have given benefeit of the doubt.

Friday

Bazinga!
BTW...BSS this is PBM. I changed my name again. ;)

His concerns are valid as he sees them. LG has said she is very careful about what she says around the kids, and they are in therapy.

Donovan's stance is very clearly shaded by his own personal experiences, and cannot see beyond them, no matter what anyone tells him.

It seems I type a helluva lot faster after two glasses of wine. Huh... :)

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Friday said:
I think Donovan's mistake came when he appeared to put on the defensive someone who is well liked, and who is going above and beyond in her family situation. Her defenders (me included) are not going to see anything beyond the good she is doing.

Donovan, you picked the wrong fight here.

My mistake was in flaming out with unreasonable anger and an insulting tone in my first two posts, based on personal exprerience. I have apologized for that. The rest is valid, I think accurate, and I stand by it. The correct stance is not always the popular one. Unfortunate, especially when the person making a mistake is popular.

Question: if you only had the ability to make people shut the fuck up when you wished, your life would be a lot happier.

Pity, that.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
The Question said:
Hey, here's an idea -- shut the fuck up. Yeah, there's hard feelings there, it seems, but guess what? That's human.

And as previously pointed out, she's venting it here at TK, instead of keeping a lid on it until it fuckin' pops, maybe in front of the kids -- something that nobody, including LG, wants to have happen.

You don't wanna read the venting? Maybe express a little sympathy and a lot of pride for what she's accomplished despite the fact that she didn't have to? Fine -- then beat it, you inconsiderate sack of shit.

You're going to be a lot of fun, I can tell.

Friday

Bazinga!
Okay, Donovan...

What do you know abourt LG? Nothing except what you've read here. How the fuck do you know she's letting resentment bleed thru her selfless caring for two children that aren't even her own? You don't. You're just assuming. Not a very accurate way of assessing a situation.

Quit speaking from your personal soapbox and listen to the other person for a change.

Friday

Bazinga!
Mwahahahahahaha!
Trith be told, I'm eyond logical thought.

However, TQ, whaddaya think?

BitchSlapSmitty

Friday said:
Mwahahahahahaha!

you post drunker than I sound lady!

And I figured out who you were. The complete liberal stance w/o any grounding sort of gave you away.

The Question

Eternal
Friday said:
Mwahahahahahaha!

You mean in your post above the one I'm quoting? Well, if you'd said anything unreasonable, I'd have called you on it. ;)

Donovan

beer, I want beer

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Friday said:
Okay, Donovan...

What do you know abourt LG? Nothing except what you've read here. How the fuck do you know she's letting resentment bleed thru her selfless caring for two children that aren't even her own? You don't. You're just assuming. Not a very accurate way of assessing a situation.

Quit speaking from your personal soapbox and listen to the other person for a change.

Read her entire first post. Carefully. She describes ongoing ugliness between her family and the in-laws, her mother advising the piece of shit brother to not agree to family court, and "huge Blowups" between the brother, her and mom. Also described: a dinner that went horribly awry, and her ongoing efforts to research all the horrible things her brother and his new girlfriend are up to. While I am sure the Question would find these things perfectly saintly and honorable, I have to ask: where are the kids during all these blowups, exchanges, and ongoing familial battles?

Alaska? Baton Rouge? Walla Walla?

What I know is, anyone who harbors so much resentment toward a person, situation or lifestyle as Laker Girl clearly does by her own admission (and that of the Dick) CANNOT bottle all that up completely. I'd bet a testicle, probably one of Question's, that the kids have witnessed more than their share of battles and know fully well that their parents don't want them. That part has nothing to do with my assumptions or my own experience, only the angry response I had initially.

Stop asking me how can I know these things. Ask yourself, how could you NOT know them?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I've read a fair amount of this from Laker Girl and I have to say I agree with the general sentiment of the board. You know how you call somone sometimes just to lean on them a little? I must admit, the first time I read an LG post like that, I was shocked. "How could anyone dare to vent their souls so openly?" was the question I had. Then I saw the returning support, and I understood.

It takes a lot of guts to express one's feelings, but it's incredible that a place like this can not only accept it, but create a safe haven for it.

God Bless Troll Kingdom for that.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
DONOVAN IS A RETARDED FELCHER WHO HAS SEX WITH HIS BROTHER'S KIDS!!!

Since you don't bother to read any of LG's posts, even when she makes the words bold, I may as well result to simply insulting you.

Dr Fuckofff

Stop disturbing poor man and go play with other kids, small boi!

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Donovan said:
Like I said, Laker Girl: my point is made, but you won't know it until the next time you start to trash your family members. You'll think of this white-hot rage you feel right now, which is really the secret shame of knowing I hit way too close for comfort. Otherwise you wouldn't be so adamantly defending your actions to a total stranger.

You've made mistakes; you'll continue to make them. But sometimes, just the memory of what has been said here today will be enough to stop you, and that makes all this effort worthwhile.

Good luck with your brother's children, and I mean that truly and deeply. They will be your best life's work...

Yeah, you're just trying to troll me. I think it's hilarious that you believe I'm expressing my thoughts with "white-hot rage", this is a trolling site and that's the stupidest thing I've heard from you yet.

The truth is you're obviously jealous of me because I took control of my situation and can healthfully express my feelings. You're weak and have no conviction and while I'm positive you feel the same anger I feel about our similar situations you won't express it, and you're undoubtedly going to die of a major heart attack before you're 40.

You're a silly "man" but I thank you for the laugh.:lol:

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
BitchSlapSmitty said:
So, let me ask a question here. If Dono used "probable or theoretical" questioning would that have put out some of the fires?

Meaning, if he had asked L_G in an open ended fashion as most of us who work in child development are trained too, would that have changed the whole context of this latter debate and brought the real issues to the fore front?

It seems that this would enable less finger pointing and more focus as well as positive re-enforcement for all parties involved.

Suggestions...

(and yea, i'm no stranger to my dick headed ness mayhap or not through out the thread, so i'll own up to that if it allows further discussion of the topic.)

Uh, I took early childhood studies courses in college, just FYI.

Also, as I've said before, my niece and nephew know what and who their father is, I wouldn't insult their intelligence by pretending he was anything else. I'm also not interested in protecting their views os him, he's walking away from his children to be with a woman he's known for only a year, he's not father of the year.

Calli

beer, I want beer
Big Dick McGee said:
DONOVAN IS A RETARDED FELCHER WHO HAS SEX WITH HIS BROTHER'S KIDS!!!

Since you don't bother to read any of LG's posts, even when she makes the words bold, I may as well result to simply insulting you.

I must say that out of last 2 years this was the most interesting thread I've read here at spam fest called TK... well, up until this post. I see, Dick, that you still have no class and are blinded to everything else but what’s in your own little mind.

LG, I would like to comment on something: You said that you never bad-mouth the parents in front of the kids. But trust me, kids know what's happening and they hear and see more than you think, even if you try to hide it. Its a great thing that you are taking care of the kids, I see they have all the material things they need and all the love from the family, but you really need to resolve this quickly because there is one thing they do lack and that's emotional: stability and safety ... 2 things that usually parents provide.

Did you ever talk to them and tried to find out what they know about the plans of their parents and how they feel about all of this? I would be interested in that. And good luck on the 24th, I hope it goes well.

As for the rest, I see this board is still full of sheep, glad the mentality hasn't changed.

Donovan, you’ve made some very good points, I wish you all the best in your life. :)

Friday

Bazinga!
What one person defines as "sheep", another might define as "supportive, loyal friends".

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
^Indeed.

I think it's amusing that everyone has such strong opinions about my niece and nephew's emotional state and what they're finding fault in is whether or not I'm praising their parents enough. Yet none of our "oh so critical of Auntie Laura friends" here at TK have bothered to remember or pay attention to the fact that A) their mother disappeared without a trace and abandoned her children for three months and B) their father is abandoning all of his responsilibity for them to move in with a woman he's known for less than a year. You all might want to get a little perspective, I'm so far removed from whatever they screw them up in the future that I'm looking like Mother Theresa right about now. Anything I do or say now or ten years from now is not going to be what screws these kids up (if that should happen) their parents are doing a mighty fine job of that, what little I might (and I stress the word might) contribute to that doesn't amount to a pinch of shit.