Doctor Who: Season 32, Series 6, Part 1

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well I guess the ganger Doctor wasnt the one who died in the first episode, not unless he managed to pull himself back together.

Question:

Was the sonic duplicated?

The Doctor gave the ganger Doctor his, yet the real Doctor also had one.

That sentence gets even more confusing when you realise they had swapped places.

Cant beleive there was no trailer for next weeks show, that's unprecedented.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well almost unprecedented then.

Was that
Captain Jack
in the trailer?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
GOOD EPISODE.

The big pile of dying Flesh was quite disturbing. I wonder if it scared any children. HOPE SO.

The Flesh Doctor's sacrifice seems kind of pointless since they could have just pretty easily run into the TARDIS in time AND real Doctor could have just killed Jenny with the screwdriver anyway. But these kinds of tv sacrifices always have some hole in them. I'm glad he didn't turn out to be evil. And now the Doctor knows that he's going to die since Amy thought she was telling Flesh Doctor...

I HOPE AMY WASN'T RAPED.

It is a bit weird that they didn't show the trailer on tv, not even after the titles, considering how much they've put online about next week's.

I reckon her consciousness is partly in a mental asylum, but maybe the events we are seeing exist in real life at the same time (I don't think they'd want to have a fantastic episode with the Doc talking to the Tardis only to say at the end of the season "oh yeah, it was all in Amy's mind. It never happened".) Maybe she's in two dimensions at once, explaining the weird readings on the pregnancy test.

FUDDLEMIFF WAS RIGHT (mostly.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
GOOD EPISODE.

Maybe worth rewatching now we know there was the switcheroo with the Doctors.

Never expected Amy to be the Flesh in million squillion years (I was still distracted thinking Rory must be a ganger so he could "die"). It was kind of referenced to in the first episode, in the sense that we knew the Doctor had gone there specifically to see The Flesh, but he hadn't said why.

I wonder how long "a long, long time" has been? Since she started wearing her tartan shirt?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well I'm guessing around 9 months or so.

Maybe the tartan was a clue, as real Amy always wore different clothes in every episode.

CaptainWacky

Well she first saw eyepatch woman when she was in the orphanage at the start of the season, so before then. But in The Big Bang (last season's finale) the ENTIRE UNIVERSE but Earth was erased from history, which surely would have cut off the transmission between her real body and Ganger Body. So sometime between seasons.

Also there's no Captain Jack in that trailer.

whisky

Boobie inspector
At the start of the season Rory and Amy weren't with the Doctor so that was probably the time she was replaced.

CaptainWacky

ALTHOUGH she said she thought she was pregnant in the season opener then after the three month jump told the Doctor it was a false alarm. So maybe it happened at some point in those three months (that whole jumped seemed pointless to me at the time but I guess it was to get Amy further along in her pregnancy.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
GOOD TRAILER

So presumably this all has something to do with the Pandorica, what with the Cybermen turning up and Rory in his Roman garb. Were the hooded bad guys with the broken lightsabres pissed off at the Doc rebooting the universe?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm leaning more towards the theory of someone suddenly realising they are in the shot and getting the hell out of it.

Although it would be cool if they thought this far ahead.

After all "silence will fall" was a recurring motif in series 5 and they didnt appear till series 6.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oooh. Well I'm willing to believe that theory for a week. Moffat's obviously had a lot of this mapped out for a while, so it's very reasonable to suggest that those are the Sith Lords or whatever people are calling them.

CaptainWacky

"The only water in the forest is the river" means when River and Amy POND were together in that forest episode with the angels, Amy was already a Ganger. IT'S OBVIOUS (and doesn't fit for reasons I already gave in a previous utterance.)

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Dammit! That's three episodes now I've missed. Grrrr...I gotta catch up on this stuff.