Dragon Age: Origins

lili

Red Whacker is hot!!
qany indeph game i get emersed in, if i can tinker in game i can tinker all year,

current games im playin/hooked on baldurs gate II/oblivion/morrowind/fallout3/ff8again...again.../ff12

ff12 sux ass

Seph

Retired Account
cunts

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Someone should bundle all of Seph's cunts into one thread.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
HELP HELP HELP srsly. lol

After Lothering I chose to go to Redcliffe, and I don't have a healer yet. Will I be able to do it? Have I messed up already? grrr.

I can't figure out how to craft potions or make spells, I've pissed off Morrigan and Sten, but I think I might be getting Alistair to lurv me.

Can I leave Redcliffe and do something else without saving the village first? I already started the quests for the village. I'm just going to take a stab at it :rwmad:

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
HELP HELP HELP srsly. lol

After Lothering I chose to go to Redcliffe, and I don't have a healer yet. Will I be able to do it? Have I messed up already? grrr.

I can't figure out how to craft potions or make spells, I've pissed off Morrigan and Sten, but I think I might be getting Alistair to lurv me.

Can I leave Redcliffe and do something else without saving the village first? I already started the quests for the village. I'm just going to take a stab at it :rwmad:

Yeah, you can leave. I'd suggest going to the Mage's Tower first; the quest is considerably easier, and a healer joins you at the start.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Oh, cool.. So the zombies won't destroy the village while I'm gone?

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Oh, cool.. So the zombies won't destroy the village while I'm gone?

Nah, you can take as long as you'd like in DAO; nothing ever happens without you. I did Redcliffe after the mages and still found the zombie attack to be pretty challenging to survive. You may want to do another area as well to gain more levels before fighting the zombie hordes, otherwise, you'll probably need lots of potions. Crafting potions, by the way, just requires the herbalism skill.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Either Morrigan or Leliana has herbalism, I just don't know how to use it. I'M GONNA GO PLAY DAO NAO. lol..

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Click the skills button and use the arrows to scroll to Morrigan, then click on the icon. AN ADVENTURER IS YOU.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The Zombie horde is a fucking bitch to beat. I went there quite early in the game and it's very challenging.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I notice that this game has now been reduced, which means I will probably buy it soon. I've just beaten Assassin's Creed II, and I have a few other games to get through, but in the new year....

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Now I have to fight the Sloth monster! lol..

Weevil

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Now I have to fight the Sloth monster! lol..

When you're in the Fade, be sure to collect all the +1 stat points. You'll need all the forms and a considerable amount of backtracking, but it's worth it.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I can change into a mouse now, but I saved and quit before going any farther. I needed a break.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I keep dying in the mage asunder section :rwmad: I think I'm not using the burning man thing like I'm supposed to. This one room full of mages keep kicking my ass.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Run in as the burning man, use his fire AoE with the knockdown, and try to kill as many as you can while they're down. Make sure you get all of them at the same time. You can switch back to your normal form while the cooldowns on burning man's spells are up, do whatever, then switch back. Just be sure that you're the BM when they hit you with fire.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH.. that makes sense. I have trouble using my special skills, sometimes I just forget I have anything besides a sword!

Weevil

Installing. If the autoplay music is any good this should be entertaining. You only get to play it for the first time only once. :cry:

Weevil

Niiiiiice. See you all next month.

(It's many games rolled into one. I chose a Mage, went through my Silent Hillish Fade area, with Diablo-like controls and an Asheron's Call inventory, then woke up in the SeeD Garden of FF8. I went into the Resident Evilesque basement and encountered a locked door. It goes on and on.)